?'s about the 258I6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > ?'s about the 258I6

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 05-31-2002, 08:14 AM   #1
Project CJ7

?'s about the 258I6

I am gettin a 258 and T-5 transmission from this guy and was wanting to get more info about the engine. Are the wiring harnesses the same? I heard something about having to move the fron engine mounts up 4 inches? Will the T-5 work with my x-fer case?

The engine is comming out of a 86 CJ7.
How much HP does it have stock? It has a HEI distributor conversion (whats that?) and a Motorcraft 2100 Carb (stock?).

How much HP could I get out of it?

Custom Exhaust w/ Dynomax Muffler
31x10 Delta AT Tires
Bikini/Windjammer/Tonneu
Project CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2002, 10:53 PM   #2
cj7traildriver

The 4.2 litre had around 115 horsepower not much, the hei distributer is a coil inside design. But the 4.0 litre motors in wranglers and cherokees have about 180 horsepower would be a great swap especialy since is fuel injected.
Unread 06-01-2002, 09:58 PM   #3
AeroViper1

I6 has great torque
AeroViper1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.