route of clutch linkage on 79 CJ7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > route of clutch linkage on 79 CJ7

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 09-12-2011, 05:29 AM   #1
alisa65
1979 CJ7 

route of clutch linkage on 79 CJ7

My 79 CJ7 farme has a 92 YJ body. From the pics below, is everything hooked up as it is supposed to go? I am trying to figure out the route of the clutch linkage and I am not sure where one particular rod goes (third picture down). I had a bunch of spare parts from other jeeps and not sure if this rod goes to the 79. If it does, where does it go? Any pics or diagrams would help. Thanks!

img_0231.jpg   img_0232.jpg   img_0234.jpg   img_0235.jpg  
alisa65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2011, 07:42 AM   #2
zeronight
1982 CJ7 

I think the 92yj might have had a hydro clutch. in any case i think youre going to have to cut a hole in the firewall for your linkage to go through.
zeronight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2011, 07:44 AM   #3
davbytrace
1979 CJ7 

Bellcrank actuator rod. This goes from the top of the pedal thru the firewall and hooks onto the bellcrank.
davbytrace is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.