Rookie question........ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Rookie question........

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-27-2014, 03:30 PM   #1
rdiaz

1978 CJ5 

Rookie question........

So partsmike has graciously provided me with new balljoints(at my expense, of course) for my dana 44 knuckle assembly. Is it not a good idea to apply a small amount if grease to the outer portion of ball joint that mates with the knuckle? And a dab on the wall of the knuckle that holds the joint? Seems like it will make install slightly easier. I'm just not sure.... Thanks for the help guys.
Roy

rdiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2014, 06:05 PM   #2
CSP

No need for grease on either of those areas. They are a press fit in both instances and you don't want something non-compressible like grease interfering with the fit of them.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2014, 09:32 PM   #3
rdiaz

1978 CJ5 

Thanks CSP! I'm glad I didn't fully install the first one cause I had applied grease and then started thinking about it. I stopped after a couple millimeters and removed it and cleaned it with brake cleaner to remove all the grease. Got all 4 in tonight. Not really as tough as I thought it would be.
rdiaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.