rollbar pad - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > rollbar pad

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 10-02-2006, 10:48 PM   #1
moach1

rollbar pad

where can i get some pads for my 1980 cj5 roll bar. cant seem to find any. i am sure someone makes something. thanks

moach1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2006, 10:55 PM   #2
jeepdaddy2000
1971 CJ5 

Don't know what you are looking for, but the "old school" approach would entail the use of water pipe insulation and a couple roles of wide electrical tape.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2006, 04:22 AM   #3
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Can get it from Summit or head down to a local performance shop. I got 4 foot lengths for like $6.00.

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2006, 09:31 AM   #4
KrazyGimp
1982 CJ5 

Mine is done with the water pipe insulation and ome 2-3 inch wide electrical tape. It's been on there for 20 years and is still holing strong. I had a friend smash his head into it pretty hard and it seemed to work well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESRK
...that's why you push in that little nipple (hehe.. I said nipple on the internet :D )
KrazyGimp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2006, 03:54 PM   #5
Shameless Elmer
1983 CJ5 

If you want to purchase some you can get them at Quadratec.com or 4wd.com
If they don't list them on-line, or in the catalog, call them. They do have them. That's where I got mine.
Shameless Elmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.