roll cages - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > roll cages

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 02-08-2003, 12:06 PM   #1
MudMonster

roll cages

I'm thinkin about putting in a full roll cage, and i'm lookin for a good one, none of the "just for looks stuff" like M.O.R.E.'s. Where would i find one that' tough enough to be worth anything? And how hard are they to put in?

MudMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2003, 01:48 PM   #2
pontiac58
1980 CJ7 

The first thing you have to ask yourself is are you or someone you know capable of welding it together. Second are you capable of cutting the tube to fit with fishmounts to but the tubes. Third do you have a bender.

You can buy a smitty built or whosever front hoop, and add spreaders to it.

What i would do is find your local race car shop and get them to make it and weld it for you. If you not capable of doing it yourself. If you can weld it then have them bend and fit it and you can weld it up. Just dont forget about tying to the frame.
pontiac58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2003, 07:37 PM   #3
dana60cj

They are a challenge to design for the average person like Me. This might help, I made a model out of 1.5 inch pvc tube, cheap, with all of the fittings and stuff. Then I made the real thing inside my garage. Lots of grinding to fit and re-adjustment for certain obstacles too. Accessability to door handles and the emergency brake are still not quite where I would like them to be, but it is strong and to the frame.

Good luck with the project.

Last edited by dana60cj; 02-10-2003 at 08:04 AM..
dana60cj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.