Roll Cage Conversion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Roll Cage Conversion

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiBushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Unread 05-16-2003, 07:18 AM   #1
kdavis

Roll Cage Conversion

I'm thinking of buying this '78 CJ7 (see other post), but if I do, I'd hope to update the roll cage to make the back a little safer when I'm tooling around with the kids back there.

I'm assuming the best way to do this is do just weld one up (maybe the TJ style). Has anyone done this, or can you lead me to a website that has the project? I'm not a welder, but have access to what I need.

Any advice?

KD

kdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2003, 08:44 AM   #2
CSP

The rear "family cage" from any '92-95 YJ Wrangler is a bolt in swap. One bolt hole on each side of the front down tubes will have to be re-drilled, but that's it.
CSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2003, 10:03 AM   #3
kdavis

Thanks...
kdavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.