Rocky Road Outfitters OTT Steering Kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Rocky Road Outfitters OTT Steering Kit

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
Mud_Gypsy86
1986 CJ7 

Rocky Road Outfitters OTT Steering Kit

Is anyone out there running the Rocky Road Outfitters OTT Steering kit on their Jeep? If so, how do you like it?

I am looking at the possibility of getting one to finish off my SOA conversion. I know that RRO does not have the best track record, but I have ordered several of their products in the past (Z-link steering kit, YJ front spring conversion kit, heavy duty rear greasable shackle mount) and have had zero problems. In my opinion, their products are very well built.

Also, if anyone can offer up a high steer solution other than the RRO kit, please let me know. I just want to be sure that whatever I put on will be high quality and give me zero problems.

Mud_Gypsy86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #2
Mud_Gypsy86
1986 CJ7 

I take it that there isn't very many people who are running this kit. Not sure if I'm going to get it and let everyone know how it works or if I'll take a different direction with my steering setup. Still hoping for some replies
Unread 11-21-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
b1980
1986 CJ7 

I bought the OTT over a year ago and just got around to installing it a month ago. It makes a big difference from the original steering setup, no bump steer and is pretty heavy duty. The instructions are fairly straight forward but some parts could've been written clearer. I have only put about 15 miles on it but it's a world of difference. It's not my DD so I'm currently in the process of sourcing parts for a stroked 4.0 and an AX-15 swap. Any questions and I'll answer them the best I can.
b1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #4
twinstickd20
Cause 2 is better than 1

1979 CJ7 

I bought it and tossed it after the first wheeling trip. The bolt on arms killed the leverage and overworked my brand new power steering pump till it would no longer steer at all. Save your money and buy a set of flat top knuckles and find the brake caliper brackets needed and some high steer arms for the knuckles and you will be much happier or if your dead set on the ott kit I may sell you the one I have but I really hate to pawn their crap off on a fellow jeeper.
Unread 11-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #5
Mud_Gypsy86
1986 CJ7 

b1980, can you post some pictures of how the supplied brackets mount to the knuckles?

twinstick, were you running the stock steering box and stock replacement pump when this happened? Also, I've sent you a PM to discuss the possibility of purchasing your kit.
Unread 11-22-2013, 08:48 AM   #6
twinstickd20
Cause 2 is better than 1

1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud_Gypsy86
b1980, can you post some pictures of how the supplied brackets mount to the knuckles? twinstick, were you running the stock steering box and stock replacement pump when this happened? Also, I've sent you a PM to discuss the possibility of purchasing your kit.
Yes stock pump and box and both where about 2 weeks old at the time.
Unread 11-22-2013, 10:35 AM   #7
Mud_Gypsy86
1986 CJ7 

I'm not sure that I would have this issue, I have an AGR Superbox and Pump.
Unread 11-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #8
twinstickd20
Cause 2 is better than 1

1979 CJ7 

What size tires?
Unread 11-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #9
Mud_Gypsy86
1986 CJ7 

33" tires
Unread 11-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #10
twinstickd20
Cause 2 is better than 1

1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud_Gypsy86
33" tires
That will help too
Unread 11-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #11
Mud_Gypsy86
1986 CJ7 

Anyone else have any experience with the Rocky Road Outfitters Jeep CJ OTT Steering kit?

Tags
dana 30 , high steer , soa , steering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.