On the road again... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > On the road again...

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 09-18-2006, 10:16 PM   #1
luficer

On the road again...

I know that this might sound a little silly, but I finally am driving my Jeep again. I feel like I am in need of a support group. It has been on blocks since last November when the crummy Pinto SR-4 tranny went out on me. I decided since I was going to buy a new driveshaft, I would put on a 4" Skyjacker lift, so I wouldn't have to buy another fancy driveshaft. I rewired the engine compartment, because of the excessive number of splices, shorts, bare wires, disconnected wires, and rat's nests that were hiding behind the wire looms. I replaced the original carb with a decent Weber. The biggest part of the project was the Muncie SM465/NP205 swap, along with the Centerforce Stage II clutch that I installed at the same time.

In short, I am proud. This is the first time that I have tackled a vehicle-type project, since I have never been mechanically inclined. My Jeep works great, and thanks to the support and information that I was able to glean from so many helpful souls here at the CJ, I have a beautiful baby out in the driveway. I'd like to thank my mother, my father, my best friend T-mil, and of course the good Lord Jesus Christ, without whom none of this would have been possible. LOL Correct me if I am wrong, but I think I used JC, GD, and F'nA to my advantage. Considering the amount of times I was cut, bruised, burnt and broke myself, that daggone Jeep might be more kin to me than my momma. Honestly, I am really excited, and have been practically giggling (if a 28 yr old dude can do that) while I've been out driving. Thanks for being patient with my silliness here.

Next project - SAFETY!!!

Ya'll be good, or be good at it.

Stay classy, Planet Earth....
Lufy, a.k.a. Lufy-donis

PER ASPERA AD ASTRA[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
luficer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2006, 10:17 PM   #2
luficer

One more thing!!!

The Chicks Dig It!!!

Stay classy, Planet Earth....
Lufy, a.k.a. Lufy-donis

PER ASPERA AD ASTRA[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
luficer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.