The 2nd day, I was on my own, except the little help Mom could do. She's still not able to do a lot of lifting from getting back to working after her surgeries last year from cancer, but she did what she could like help maneuver the rear axle around, move jack stands into place, and things like that.
Got the rear axle in:
Skid plate on:
Set the engine in, but found my first major issue - trans mount wasn't going to line up:
Then after moving it around, looking it over, etc, I found that I had the motor mounts in the wrong holes on the frame part...
Then my 2nd issue. My Steering bracket when bolted to the bottom of the frame, wouldn't line up with the holes on the front crossmember. The scratches are where I needed the holes to be. Nothing a carbide burr in a die grinder didn't fix! A little paint to protect the metal in the holes, and it fit like it was meant to.
Powertrain in place:
Was expecting rain that night. It poured! Glad I had the top and had put it on, I was keeping some tools and parts in there:
Brake lines roughed in, bending the main fuel line here. I used 5/16 and 3/8 for the fuel line and return, figuring if I ever decide to go with my EFI 302 plans, I'll want the larger lines. All brake lines were the pre-bent SS lines, and the fuel lines I had just bought the bulk SS line and bent them myself. I couldn't see paying almost $100 ber line for the fuel lines, and them not even being the size I wanted: