RhinoLine the exterior (or Durabak) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > RhinoLine the exterior (or Durabak)

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-12-2004, 05:23 PM   #16
Aphelion79

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsmets
No I actually ran out, but I think I'm going to repaint it black anyway to break it up a bit
The whole point of me saying that was to verifiy if it was new or not... JFYI

Dana 30 Front | AMC 20 Rear
Aphelion79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2004, 07:28 PM   #17
jpsmets
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphelion79
The whole point of me saying that was to verifiy if it was new or not... JFYI
No its not, the guy I bought the jeep from in Feb. put a tj roll bar and windshield on. Its in good shape, the only bad thing is when I replaced my wiring harness with one out of an 84 CJ7 I had to splice in the wiper motor since the linkage is different.
jpsmets is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2004, 08:11 PM   #18
Aphelion79

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsmets
No its not, the guy I bought the jeep from in Feb. put a tj roll bar and windshield on. Its in good shape, the only bad thing is when I replaced my wiring harness with one out of an 84 CJ7 I had to splice in the wiper motor since the linkage is different.
Well it is really then... he never painted it from the looks of it...
Dana 30 Front | AMC 20 Rear
Aphelion79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #19
oskardog

Hi Guys......I am really glad I found this thread.....I have a 78 Scout, but Jeeps are a new animal to me.....A pal has his dad's old 1979, and has dropped over 10k into it, including tires, hardtop, and doors, a fiberglass body, new interior, etc.....Has original V8, and 4 speed. I think I can buy it for $3000..........Since the body is plain white fiberglass, I was thinking of rolling the whole thing with Durabak, in their Olive Drab textured color.....Kind of have a vision of a military-looking bad-*** Jeep......Has anyone done one in a similar manner? Was also going to paint the white wagon wheels black.....Better to buy new rims, or sand and paint black? Any help or info for a newbie would be helpful......Any specific issues to keep aneye out for in a Jeep of this vintage? I don't think I can pass it up, for this price.......Thanks! Matt
oskardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #20
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

Sound like a good deal. Just bear in mind if you coat the exterior with bed liner or similar it can be:
A) difficult to clean
B) can fade dramatically depending on brand, and
C) is a real ***** to remove should you not like it or ever change your mind.

Just some food for thought.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.