RhinoLine the exterior (or Durabak) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > RhinoLine the exterior (or Durabak)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 07-12-2004, 05:23 PM   #16
Aphelion79

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsmets
No I actually ran out, but I think I'm going to repaint it black anyway to break it up a bit
The whole point of me saying that was to verifiy if it was new or not... JFYI

Dana 30 Front | AMC 20 Rear
Aphelion79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2004, 07:28 PM   #17
jpsmets
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphelion79
The whole point of me saying that was to verifiy if it was new or not... JFYI
No its not, the guy I bought the jeep from in Feb. put a tj roll bar and windshield on. Its in good shape, the only bad thing is when I replaced my wiring harness with one out of an 84 CJ7 I had to splice in the wiper motor since the linkage is different.
jpsmets is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2004, 08:11 PM   #18
Aphelion79

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsmets
No its not, the guy I bought the jeep from in Feb. put a tj roll bar and windshield on. Its in good shape, the only bad thing is when I replaced my wiring harness with one out of an 84 CJ7 I had to splice in the wiper motor since the linkage is different.
Well it is really then... he never painted it from the looks of it...
Dana 30 Front | AMC 20 Rear
Aphelion79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #19
oskardog

Hi Guys......I am really glad I found this thread.....I have a 78 Scout, but Jeeps are a new animal to me.....A pal has his dad's old 1979, and has dropped over 10k into it, including tires, hardtop, and doors, a fiberglass body, new interior, etc.....Has original V8, and 4 speed. I think I can buy it for $3000..........Since the body is plain white fiberglass, I was thinking of rolling the whole thing with Durabak, in their Olive Drab textured color.....Kind of have a vision of a military-looking bad-*** Jeep......Has anyone done one in a similar manner? Was also going to paint the white wagon wheels black.....Better to buy new rims, or sand and paint black? Any help or info for a newbie would be helpful......Any specific issues to keep aneye out for in a Jeep of this vintage? I don't think I can pass it up, for this price.......Thanks! Matt
oskardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #20
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

Sound like a good deal. Just bear in mind if you coat the exterior with bed liner or similar it can be:
A) difficult to clean
B) can fade dramatically depending on brand, and
C) is a real ***** to remove should you not like it or ever change your mind.

Just some food for thought.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.