Reverse switch wiring help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Reverse switch wiring help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 03-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #1
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Reverse switch wiring help

I've got a T176 tranny, and D300 TC and trying to wire them up. I'm using a brand new painless wiring harness, and the backup and 4x4 harness isn't exactly plug and play, as the painless harness has an extra wire, and doesn't have a plug. I ordered a 3 pin weather pack plug to join the two, but now the question is, what to do with the extra wire, which I assume is the black one. Should I assume red goes to red, white to white, and orange to orange?

forumrunner_20130308_085530.jpg   forumrunner_20130308_085553.jpg  
hasselback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #2
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

And my installation book that came with the new harness was recycled for me by the mice in my garage.....
Unread 03-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Interesting they include a ground.. Certainly not needed for backup light although the NSS runs through that harness if you have an automatic.

I would just just loop the end over and coverit with some shrink tubing. Or cut the wire out but then you might find a use for it later.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #4
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
Interesting they include a ground.. Certainly not needed for backup light although the NSS runs through that harness if you have an automatic.

I would just just loop the end over and coverit with some shrink tubing. Or cut the wire out but then you might find a use for it later.
Thanks John, I've been waiting for you to chime in! And thats what I figured, just wanted to make sure.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.