Reverse lights install and connection questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Reverse lights install and connection questions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Unread 01-27-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
bubba+78363
1981 CJ7 

Reverse lights install and connection questions

So I have about a 3/4" LED white light that I am going to be using as my reverse light. My question is how do I make it work by using a B&M T-shifter that has the switch already built into it. It has a roll of what appears to be speaker wire attached to. These are the same shifters being used for Line Loc's, and Nitrous Shots, and work with all 12v applications I know I am gonna have to use a relay for this to work, but not quite sure how to wire the relay up I completely re-wired my jeep bumper to bumper a couple of years ago and the new kit didn't have a wire for reverse lights. So I got to thinking bout the "what'ifs.

Thanks,
Matt

bubba+78363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
GREASEMONKEY
2003 TJ Wrangler 

T-handle brushed aluminum w/button

This what you are talking about?
If the button is a latching on/off
You only need to tap into constant power with a small fuse, 5A is sufficient to run the LED. Run the opposite wire to the positive LED wire, and then ground your LED.
If your button is a momentary on/constant off then you will need to make a latching relay bank.
Use the 4th or 5th diagram on this page Special Applications with SPDT Relays, Diagrams
My Ammo Can Console
------------------------------------------------------
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
GREASEMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 08:11 PM   #3
bubba+78363
1981 CJ7 

Thanks Bud that's exactly what I am looking for
bubba+78363 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.