Reverse lights install and connection questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Reverse lights install and connection questions

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 01-27-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
bubba+78363
1981 CJ7 

Reverse lights install and connection questions

So I have about a 3/4" LED white light that I am going to be using as my reverse light. My question is how do I make it work by using a B&M T-shifter that has the switch already built into it. It has a roll of what appears to be speaker wire attached to. These are the same shifters being used for Line Loc's, and Nitrous Shots, and work with all 12v applications I know I am gonna have to use a relay for this to work, but not quite sure how to wire the relay up I completely re-wired my jeep bumper to bumper a couple of years ago and the new kit didn't have a wire for reverse lights. So I got to thinking bout the "what'ifs.

Thanks,
Matt

bubba+78363 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2010, 09:08 PM   #2
GREASEMONKEY
2003 TJ Wrangler 

T-handle brushed aluminum w/button

This what you are talking about?
If the button is a latching on/off
You only need to tap into constant power with a small fuse, 5A is sufficient to run the LED. Run the opposite wire to the positive LED wire, and then ground your LED.
If your button is a momentary on/constant off then you will need to make a latching relay bank.
Use the 4th or 5th diagram on this page Special Applications with SPDT Relays, Diagrams
My Ammo Can Console
------------------------------------------------------
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
GREASEMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2010, 09:11 PM   #3
bubba+78363
1981 CJ7 

Thanks Bud that's exactly what I am looking for
bubba+78363 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.