Restore/Rebuild/Upgrade 81 CJ5 "Ol Nellybell" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Restore/Rebuild/Upgrade 81 CJ5 "Ol Nellybell"

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipArtec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300

Unread 01-22-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
frank c
1981 CJ5 

Restore/Rebuild/Upgrade 81 CJ5 "Ol Nellybell"

Started to refurbish all exterior engine/bellhousing parts in anticipation of machine work on engine being completed. 3O over pistons and new everything including waterpump/distributor etc. Clutch kit.

I used Duplicolor Wheel paint on the Valve cover and then sanded off the fins and numbers to let the aluminum show for a two/tone effect,pulleys/brackets/etc. High temp silver paint on the exhaust man. and wire wheeled and clear coated the intake. Bellhousing is Rustoleum. P/S pump/brackets gloss black.

I am going to use the same bronze color on the Motorcraft 2100 body when I get it. The block and head I want to paint the AMC Metallic engine blue, should be a nice contrast when finished.
Clean an paint the engine compartment/rewire the whole darn vehicle,an I'm considering painting the exterior of the jeep body with Zolatone desert camo so I can sneek up on the gold nuggets and meteorites I will be hunting with Ol Nellybell when shes road/desert worthy again.
Any comments or suggestions out there are appreciated I've only just begun this task.

BEFORE

AFTER

frank c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 10:54 PM   #2
baja1ab
1993 YJ Wrangler 

WOW! If this is a sign of how you're going to approach the rest of this rig I'd say she's going to be one sexy CJ. *****in job man!
baja1ab is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.