Replacing old OEM lap-seatbelts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Replacing old OEM lap-seatbelts

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
TuckerTerra

Replacing old OEM lap-seatbelts

Hello!

I have decided that this year I should really do something about my seat-belts. All I have are the original, old, single lap belt. I use my jeep 95% off road (with no doors on), and I do not feel that in the event of a rollover or crash, that the lap belts will do much good.

I still have the original jeep seats with a low back, though I do plan on getting some high backed seats soon.

I am trying to decide between a regular retractable shoulder/lap belt, or a 3 point harness like this one:
http://corbeau.com/products/harness_...harness_belts/

The reason I was thinking about the 3 point, is because I feel it will do a better job at keeping us in the jeep in the even something bad happens. The last thing I want to happen is for my lady to get hurt jeeping.

I have seen that people have to get a special harness bar behind the seat, or new seats or something of that fashion to hook the belts to. My problem is that I use the back seat alllll the time, so having something like this would not work well for me.

So my question is; what would be the effect of just taking and mounting the 3rd point belt directly to the roll bar behind the seat. I KNOW that the instructions say that that would be too much of an angle, but let me stress, I am not racing this jeep. It wont go over 35 if I wanted it to. And.....

....The way I look at it, the regular everyday 1 shoulder belt that I could get mounts just about at the top of the roll bar anyway, and those seem to work, so why cant I take and have the 2 shoulder harnesses go a little higher to the roll bar and call it good?

Fill me it please! Thanks!

TuckerTerra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
TuckerTerra

bump....any comments?
TuckerTerra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.