Replacing Gas Tank - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Replacing Gas Tank

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 06-28-2013, 07:45 AM   #1
tbart16
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Replacing Gas Tank

replacing leaky gas tank and rotted skid plate. I was planning on a metal tank and omix skid plate I was going to replace the straps and sending unit right away any thing that I am missing or any advice on my choices thanks Tom

'06 F350 Powerstroke Crew Cab DRW
'93 Wrangler Renegade
'94 ZJ Laredo 4.0
tbart16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 08:06 AM   #2
sanctified
2013 JK Wrangler 

If you are ordering parts it would probably be a good idea to order the gas filler and vent hose online with the other stuff. I tried to find the parts locally and had a hard time. I ended up making regular hose work but wish I had the molded ones. I know I was able to find the straps at NAPA but don't know what the price difference was. Getting those locally might save a bit in shipping cost.
Utah Jeep Crew #178
sanctified is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 08:10 AM   #3
tbart16
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I was just reading your gas tank episode. my vent hose is good the filler hose is shot, I am finding the best price at advance auto and they ship right to my house. thanks any other advice appreciated.

'06 F350 Powerstroke Crew Cab DRW
'93 Wrangler Renegade
'94 ZJ Laredo 4.0
tbart16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.