Replacements for Liquid Check Valve/Roll Over valve - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Replacements for Liquid Check Valve/Roll Over valve

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #76
sherlocktk
1984 CJ7 

You have to let us all know if you actually get them. I hope it's works and they are the right parts

sherlocktk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #77
cincyjeeprs

Keep in mind that the Delorean part is actually a Chrysler part. It is stamped with the Chrysler pentastar logo. Jeeps of that vintage used lots of Ford and GM parts. Delorean did the same sorta' thing (plus at least one Jeep part, apparently, LOL).
cincyjeeprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #78
johnson30
1978 CJ5 

Total Bummer

Well, I had high hopes.

After getting a order confirmation from the sales department yesterday, I got the following:

"We are sorry for the inconvenience but the parts that you ordered are either discontinued or no longer available. We are refunding the order and canceling this order."

Too good to be true, I suppose. They should probably list that part as "no longer available."

To the junkyard!
johnson30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #79
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson30 View Post
Just found what I think is the solution on another thread
Those guys have a chronic problem with unavailable parts. Not entirely their fault, but I ordered a dozen CJ8 tonneau covers from them last month, thinking I had struck it big...product unavailable
walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 01:11 AM   #80
billybooster2
Web Wheeler
1983 CJ8 

Interesting problem; i installed both the delorean part and the merlin motorsports part snd eith a full tank, hot day, i had gas dripping out the vapor vanister. Just sitting in driveway. Grrrrr why!
billybooster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #81
drdrej
1980 CJ7 

Liquid Check Valve

Just placed an order with Factory Chrysler Parts as mentioned May 13th-- will let you know if it actually gets full-filled.
drdrej is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #82
dj50

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm completly rebuilding my 86 CJ7, from the frame up, and I will be the first to admit I'm in waaaay over my head. What better way to learn then by just doing it though. So most of this stuff was not on my jeep when I tore it apart because the PO was a moron, so I'm buying all new. The stupid question is this, I'm converting to a 350 engine do I still need all this? i.e. roll over valve, liquid check vavle, evap canister. It appears links have been added for the liquid check and roll over valves. Any idea were I can get a new canister and bracket? Also I see a link for a new rear wheel house support baffle but the pic that was posted doesn't really show how that thing is mounted. Does anyone have a picture of that?
dj50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 04:28 AM   #83
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

How the support is mounted?

I think it's welded in place between the outer fender and the inner wheel housing.

And yes, I think you still need it for the 350 as this all has to do with venting the tank and preventing fumes and liqueds from leaking out in case of an accident.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 07:19 AM   #84
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj50 View Post
Also I see a link for a new rear wheel house support baffle but the pic that was posted doesn't really show how that thing is mounted. Does anyone have a picture of that?
Your 1986 CJ-7 should already have the baffle plates spot welded in place from the factory unless the PO has removed them, which I doubt. The Rollover and Liquid Check Valves would be mounted on the drivers side baffle plate.

You can see how the baffle plate is installed in the photo below. The rear mounting of the factory roll bar bolts will be mounted to the baffles for extra support.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #85
dj50

Ok so the plate is attached to the body. I was confused by Keiths post on page 2 which just shows the plate on the frame. So I wont me able to get my fuel system completly installed until I get the body back on the frame. Anyone got links for a new evap canister and bracket?
Unread 01-08-2013, 11:02 PM   #86
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

You'd probably be just as well off finding a canister and bracket on eBay, though I know with some searching you could find a newer replacement for the canister...there've been a few threads on this lately.
walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 09:27 AM   #87
cincyjeeprs

Another thing to consider is your gas tank. Later ones have the roll over valve(s) mounted into the top of the tank. If you are replacing the tank, or it has been replaced before, you may not need all that.
cincyjeeprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #88
dj50

Yup, I figured that out last night about 30 min after I ordered the roll over valve. I ordered a new 20 gallon gas tank and skid plate from Genright off road and don't need all the stuff. Now just have to find the Evap canister. Thanks for the help though.
Unread 01-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #89
waterdowg
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj50 View Post
Yup, I figured that out last night about 30 min after I ordered the roll over valve. I ordered a new 20 gallon gas tank and skid plate from Genright off road and don't need all the stuff. Now just have to find the Evap canister. Thanks for the help though.
There was a discussion the other day on the evap canister. You can use one from an XJ. I don't remember the year maybe it was 93. I wil have to look for when I get on the computer.
waterdowg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 06:37 AM   #90
waterdowg
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterdowg View Post
There was a discussion the other day on the evap canister. You can use one from an XJ. I don't remember the year maybe it was 93. I wil have to look for when I get on the computer.
Here is the Write up to replace your canister.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ch...95/index2.html
waterdowg is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.