Replacements for Liquid Check Valve/Roll Over valve - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Replacements for Liquid Check Valve/Roll Over valve

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 04-06-2009, 05:21 PM   #31
OSUAV8R

I was looking at the picture you posted and I only see one outlet on the roll over valve... where is the second?

OSUAV8R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #32
jscherb
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUAV8R View Post
I was looking at the picture you posted and I only see one outlet on the roll over valve... where is the second?
The roll-over valve has one inlet and one outlet. The liquid check valve has one output that goes to the rollover check valve, and two "inlets" that go to the tank. Not sure they are both truly "inlets", one may be an outlet back to the tank for liquid return, I'd have to take the valve apart to know.

Visit my Jeep Projects site for info on my custom Jeep projects:
  • Retro Wrangler pickup
  • Gaucho CJ pickup
  • Safari Cab custom modular hardtop
  • Fiberglass Jeep-tub trailer kit
  • CJ Grille Conversion Kit for the TJ/LJ
  • Fiberglass Military Replica Trailer Kit
jscherb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2009, 06:56 PM   #33
OSUAV8R

if you look earlier in the thread, the original roll over valve looks like it only has one output/input... where is the other one?
Unread 04-06-2009, 07:04 PM   #34
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUAV8R View Post
if you look earlier in the thread, the original roll over valve looks like it only has one output/input... where is the other one?
That picture you are referring to shows a missing input hose barb. That is the reason I needed a replacement one as it had rusted off completely beyond use. The plastic replacement one from the Delorean website fit the bill perfectly and it will never rust.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2009, 09:14 PM   #35
OSUAV8R

Oh got it, the exact same thing happened to me
Unread 04-20-2009, 10:15 PM   #36
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John N View Post
OK, I ordered 2 of the roll-over valves. Who's a good source for the liquid check valves?
Found a Liquid Check Valve on E-bay that is for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-...Q5fAccessories
Unread 04-27-2009, 10:54 PM   #37
85JeepinCJ7
1985 CJ7 

Anyone know where I can purchase the panel where these two valves mount? Mine is pretty rotted out. Maybe I can get a deal and wont have to fab a new part.
85JeepinCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2009, 04:54 AM   #38
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Classic Enterprises.com has the panels. Wheel House support baffles is what they call them.

http://www.classicent.com/jeep.php
Unread 06-21-2010, 04:23 PM   #39
orange_rubi
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sorry to bring up an old thread but have a couple questions ...

We ordered the same delorean rollover that keith has shown and received it the other day in the mail. One question ... what is the 3rd inlet/outlet that is perpendicular to the other two - the one that goes through the wheel house support baffle? I'm not by the jeep right now but I don't recall this being on the on the factory metal one. Can someone explain to me what this is for? I understand the concept of the rollover vavle and the inlet outlet but the third one has me puzzled - maybe I'm just not getting it.

Thanks guys

'81 cj-5 - being restored w/ dad - keeping the 151
orange_rubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2010, 09:20 PM   #40
scottymac62
1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange_rubi View Post

We ordered the same delorean rollover that keith has shown and received it the other day in the mail. One question ... what is the 3rd inlet/outlet that is perpendicular to the other two - the one that goes through the wheel house support baffle? I'm not by the jeep right now but I don't recall this being on the on the factory metal one. Can someone explain to me what this is for? I understand the concept of the rollover vavle and the inlet outlet but the third one has me puzzled - maybe I'm just not getting it.

Thanks guys

Here's a pic that shows where everything goes.
fule_system_jeep.jpg  
'77 CJ-5 Renegade 304 / T-150, Dana 20, 30/20 axles, Aussie Locker in the Dana 30, American Racing 15x10 Outlaw II's, 33" Dynapro M/T's" ,Optima Battery, TeamRushed + Summit Racing CDI ignition, FlowKooler water pump, Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold, Holley 4160 390cfm, Herculiner, Silver Ceramic Coated Hedman Hedders, Flowmaster 40's.
Warn PowerPlant HD 12K Winch, Dirtworx front and rear bumpers.
scottymac62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2010, 09:31 PM   #41
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange_rubi View Post

Thanks guys
That part of it that goes through the wheel house support is not a port. It's like a locating pin. Keith has good pics of it.
VACJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2010, 09:42 PM   #42
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACJ7 View Post
That part of it that goes through the wheel house support is not a port. It's like a locating pin. Keith has good pics of it.
X2. Blow in it - nothing goes in or out of it. Just a support.
walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2010, 10:36 PM   #43
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

x3. Just a locator tab. I cut that off of mine.
Coiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2010, 12:43 PM   #44
omegalis
1984 CJ7 

Been trying to piece together my vapor system on my 84 CJ7 as previous owner just ripped it all out and trashed it, and haven't been having much luck finding the liquid check valve. The willys.net site is no longer active and tried the number on it with no luck, guy who picked up just hung up on me. I have found this though, it appears to have the same function although information on it is just as thin as for the AMC liquid check valve. Does anyone know if this GM version will provide the same function?
omegalis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2010, 06:16 PM   #45
omegalis
1984 CJ7 

So far the GM part I linked above appears to work, no signs of gas getting past it on steep inclines/declines with the tank 3/4 full.
omegalis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.