Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Replacements for Liquid Check Valve/Roll Over valve

141K views 154 replies 58 participants last post by  texasdave 
#1 ·
I have been all over looking for a liquid check valve and a rollover valve. Been to all the major autoparts store's and they just look at me like I'm crazy. I found some online at Georges, but had two questions before moving on.

A few Quick questions
1. Has anybody found an alternate replacement for these?

2. For the Liquid Check Valve, I understand it's purpose is to keep fuel in the line between the tank and fuel pump. Is this correct? If not, what does it do?

3. While I am trying to get the jeep running, is the roll over valve really needed? or can I just plug the end of the line without affecting anything.
The jeep is currently on a set of jack stands and not coming down anytime soon.

#3 ·
The liquid check valve allows vapors to pass through to the canister, but prevents liquid fuel from passing. It works when the Jeep is right-side-up. The rollover check valve shuts off fuel flow if the Jeep becomes upside-down.

I posted info on replacement rollover check valves just the other day in this thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175390

#6 ·
#18 ·
Hmm. Interesting. It looks like the Delorean part is opposite of the Nissan. It has the the bottom nipple labeled "Tank" and the top nipple labeled "can vent", so the diagram would be correct. The Nissan must be different internally.

Just to add to the intrigue, the top of the Delorean part is embossed with the Chrysler pentastar logo and has the number 04091. There is also the number 4002012 on the bottom of the part. IIRC, Deloreans were just like Jeeps - they sourced parts from everywhere.

#19 ·
Just to add to the intrigue, the top of the Delorean part is embossed with the Chrysler pentastar logo and has the number 04091. There is also the number 4002012 on the bottom of the part. IIRC, Deloreans were just like Jeeps - they sourced parts from everywhere.
Yes, I see those markings also which tells me that the Rollover Check Valves should still be available from Chrysler Parts dept. The bottom No. 4002012 is probably part of the P/N and I'll have my buddies over at Chrysler try to decipher it for us.

When you get the Rollover Check Valve mounted up, pictured below is what you should end up with.

#21 ·
OK, I ordered 2 of the roll-over valves. Who's a good source for the liquid check valves?

#22 ·
I wish I'd of known you were going to order John, I'd of asked you to throw a couple extra for me. Seems shipping is as much as the part.

Anybody in NoVA want to go in on several and split shipping?

Truck

#23 ·
I wish I'd of known you were going to order John, I'd of asked you to throw a couple extra for me. Seems shipping is as much as the part.

Anybody in NoVA want to go in on several and split shipping?

Truck
Sorry, I got 2, but figure I'll use both on my CJ's eventually.

#24 ·
Great find! I just ordered 2 of them

#25 ·
Missing rollover

great Info! QUESTION... since I am in the process of re-installing my evap to decrease petrol fumes, I peeked under and only see the liquid check valve, no roll over valve..did all 1976 come with them? also my tank has be replaced and has one vent..should I just put in a Y to connect to the two lines in the check valve

#30 ·
Keith were did you get those fuel line clips? I need some of those. I also just received 2 of those role over check valves
I got some from NAPA and or AutoZone, the rest of my original OEM's I sandblasted and powder coated.
You can also get them from here: http://www.inlinetube.com/ listed in the side bar index under Brake Clips and Clamps.

#32 ·
The roll-over valve has one inlet and one outlet. The liquid check valve has one output that goes to the rollover check valve, and two "inlets" that go to the tank. Not sure they are both truly "inlets", one may be an outlet back to the tank for liquid return, I'd have to take the valve apart to know.

#34 ·
That picture you are referring to shows a missing input hose barb. That is the reason I needed a replacement one as it had rusted off completely beyond use. The plastic replacement one from the Delorean website fit the bill perfectly and it will never rust.

#39 ·
Sorry to bring up an old thread but have a couple questions ...

We ordered the same delorean rollover that keith has shown and received it the other day in the mail. One question ... what is the 3rd inlet/outlet that is perpendicular to the other two - the one that goes through the wheel house support baffle? I'm not by the jeep right now but I don't recall this being on the on the factory metal one. Can someone explain to me what this is for? I understand the concept of the rollover vavle and the inlet outlet but the third one has me puzzled - maybe I'm just not getting it.

Thanks guys

#40 ·
Sorry to bring up an old thread but have a couple questions ...

We ordered the same delorean rollover that keith has shown and received it the other day in the mail. One question ... what is the 3rd inlet/outlet that is perpendicular to the other two - the one that goes through the wheel house support baffle? I'm not by the jeep right now but I don't recall this being on the on the factory metal one. Can someone explain to me what this is for? I understand the concept of the rollover vavle and the inlet outlet but the third one has me puzzled - maybe I'm just not getting it.

Thanks guys
Here's a pic that shows where everything goes.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.