Replacement Radiator - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Replacement Radiator

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 06-06-2014, 02:15 PM   #1
RENEGADECJ-7
1980 CJ7 

Replacement Radiator

Just bought a new VistaPro 436010 3 row radiator for my 1980 CJ-7. It's a V8 with automatic transmission. I've got it unboxed and comparing it to the current radiator in my CJ it's about 1/4-3/8 thinner. Has anybody used this radiator. I'm a little concerned about it being thinner.

RENEGADECJ-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2014, 02:23 PM   #2
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

When I had my rad re-cored, the new cores were smaller yet the shop claimed a new design that would run cooler. According to my temp gauge, they were correct.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2014, 02:25 PM   #3
firegod33
1977 CJ5 

Two thicker rows will cool better than 3 or 4 thinner rows. Depending on the stock used by the manufacturer, the 3 row may be a downgrade rather than an upgrade.
Unread 06-06-2014, 05:02 PM   #4
RENEGADECJ-7
1980 CJ7 

Not only is the cores thinner overall. The tanks are way smaller. Got a bad feeling about it. Digging on the net I see now that there is one also available that has a 1/4 inch thicker core. I'm wishing I had ordered it. But the one I got is suppose to be for V8's. Hate to put it in and it not do the job cooling.
RENEGADECJ-7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.