Replacement Parts in general - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Replacement Parts in general

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
0hcanada

Replacement Parts in general

Just curious, when buying parts for an '86 CJ7, is there one supplier that is better that the other, and when I ask this I'm thinking about Quality, Cost, Delivery, .... I'm looking to do a few replacements (flywheel ring gear, sensors, rear seal, shifter isolator clip, back up light switch, air breather duct, ....) and am not interested in doing it over and over.

just replaced my water pump and picked it up from Napa; aluminum cast, and got to thinking about quality and longevity of this part and whether I should have shopped elsewhere.

would Quadratec be a good one-stop shop for parts, or, would it depend on part needed, and maybe Napa is good.

for mods or accessories (i.e. step tubes, seats, air vent/heater/defrost cable replacement knobs) guess it would be whoever has what you're looking for at whatever price, or, do you have advice that way as well.

thanks

0hcanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
holliewood61
1981 CJ7 

For general parts I use napa. Anything I can't get from napa i use quadratec or 4 wheel hardware
60 CJ5 tore down
holliewood61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

For most routine parts replacement, I would NOT use Quadratec - all of that stuff can be had at NAPA, usually cheaper and with some semblance of a knowledgeable staff. If they don't have a part, they can usually point you to someone local who might.

For beauty parts, that's when you got to Q-tec, but generally you can get the same parts on eBay for cheaper.
walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #4
jaketr1
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I use Morris 4x4 for a lot
jaketr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #5
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

I always try and source as much as I can from canadian suppliers. Unless they are small parts than can be shipped through USPS (not UPS!!!) or you are close enough to the border to use a mailbox service; shipping & brokerage fees can easily increase the cost of the part by 100%.

Not sure if you have Lordco stores out east but I get about 40% discount through bcjeepclub. Maybe check the university of jeep forum and see if they have a forum cash account set up with any parts houses out your way.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #6
0hcanada

no. no Lordico stores out here that I'm aware of, but thanks for the heads up and will check out the university of jeep forum.
Unread 08-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #7
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Shop around for the best prices. There is really no one stop shop. I buy alot thru Quadratec but via my local shop because the price is the same so I throw the business his way. Big ticket items I usually use 4WDInc because of free shipping and no tax.
But I will caution you on this, no matter where you shop. Don't go by website photos of products. Call and verify it's what you want. They may switch suppliers for a part but they still use the same website pic they used 10 years ago when the site was created.
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #8
0hcanada

thanks for the info. makes sense about asking to make sure it's the same product (pic vs actual product).

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.