Replacement gauges with proper light coloring? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Replacement gauges with proper light coloring?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Reply
Unread 01-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #16
teh603
Registered User
1963 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 305
So just my two cents (can't past a cent sign on the tablet)- wouldn't it be just as good to remove all the dash bulbs and replace them with LEDs of the same color temperature, instead of trying to color-match? As far as I know, pod gauge bulbs are just as removable as dash ones.

teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #17
mat8828
Registered User
1983 CJ7 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603
So just my two cents (can't past a cent sign on the tablet)- wouldn't it be just as good to remove all the dash bulbs and replace them with LEDs of the same color temperature, instead of trying to color-match? As far as I know, pod gauge bulbs are just as removable as dash ones.
I just did this, finished the volt and oil gauges tonight. Used LED's in all sockets. The smaller gauges will be brighter given the smaller size, but they light up the interior similar to modern instrument panels.
mat8828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #18
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler
 
Cutlass327's Avatar
1978 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Posts: 5,070
Full replacement is my plans, but I have the one gauge that is yellow compared to the other ones....
__________________
Rick

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #19
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool
 
frhrwa's Avatar
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Deer Park (north of Spokane), Washington
Posts: 1,362
bright white LED's http://www.ledlight.com/ba9s-6-led-light.aspx
__________________
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his JEEP!...
frhrwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 04:52 AM   #20
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One
 
keith460's Avatar
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 4,767
I sent my original tach to Faria Instruments for repair, broke the glass, around 1989 and they repaired it or gave me a new one. I couldn't tell. They don't do that anymore and I remember speaking to a gentleman at that company who was extremely knowledgeable of the Jeep CJ series gauges and I wish I could find my original brochure from the Faria Instruments Co. that has the CJ tachometer on its cover.
__________________
.
1984 CJ-7 Renegade
__________________

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 07:54 AM   #21
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool
 
frhrwa's Avatar
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Deer Park (north of Spokane), Washington
Posts: 1,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith460 View Post
I sent my original tach to Faria Instruments for repair, broke the glass, around 1989 and they repaired it or gave me a new one. I couldn't tell. They don't do that anymore and I remember speaking to a gentleman at that company who was extremely knowledgeable of the Jeep CJ series gauges and I wish I could find my original brochure from the Faria Instruments Co. that has the CJ tachometer on its cover.
your talking the good ol days.. the 80's were just about the end of "customer service" in AMERICA as we knew it.. people would do things for you way beyond expected .. and smile doing it.. now days, all you get is a freaking zomboid answering machine that refuses to let you talk to a human... and hangs up if you cuss at it.. I remember getting stuff on my desk from someone asking if anything could be done, and short of replacing it with a new one, I sent back a unit as good as new.. miss those days... and the only way to get them back is "YOU, ME, YOUR FRIENDS, THEIR FRIENDS, ....." start a new tradition, refuse to talk or do business with companies that use ZOMBIE attendants, find good reputable companies and make sure everyone knows they are good, pipe all sales and referrals to them, (the other companies may catch on sooner or later), try to turn this country around again... and don't let socialism creep up and leach onto our soil, FIGHT! its ours, our fathers, their fathers, and on and on, fought for these freedoms, so don't get blindsided.. there are plenty of nice people that want to do things like your guy, fix it, make someone happy, word of mouth advertisement, the rewards,...
__________________
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his JEEP!...
frhrwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #22
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One
 
keith460's Avatar
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 4,767
I work for a company for the last 30 years that does exactly what is stated above. We go out of our way to please someone even if it means giving them something for free or upgraded. A customer will always buy from you even if it cost a little more than the competition when customer service backs the sale.
__________________
.
1984 CJ-7 Renegade
__________________

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #23
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool
 
frhrwa's Avatar
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Deer Park (north of Spokane), Washington
Posts: 1,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith460 View Post
I work for a company for the last 30 years that does exactly what is stated above. We go out of our way to please someone even if it means giving them something for free or upgraded. A customer will always buy from you even if it cost a little more than the competition when customer service backs the sale.
kudos... and I commend you and your company.. there aren't a whole lot of them left, most have gotten greedy, and could care less.. what company do you work for? will add that to my shopping list of "good" companies..
__________________
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his JEEP!...
frhrwa is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.