Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Replacement engines

483 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  pedal2themetai 
#1 ·
Hey Guys, the love of my life died a few weeks ago. I am hoping you can help me bring her back to life. Was wondering if there is someone who sells used or refurbished engines that will fit a 1978 CJ5. I'm going out of my mind with this nice weather and not being able to drive her. Any help you can give is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Welcome to the Forum!!

Could I suggest you fill out your profile? You will get more accurate (but still wrong) guesses from the crowd on here but as they say, "An almost infinite number of monkeys hitting an almost infinite number of keyboards will eventually type a Shakespear play".

Plenty of engine builders out there, what have you got and where are you? What is your budget? can you wield a spanner?

#3 ·
HI, OK.. how did it die? could be something simple... who told you it was dead and need replaced? there are a lot of things that can go wrong causing the motor to die that are a simple fix or less costly that a replacement..
give us some words other than it died..
If you set on replacement just look for a shop to rebuild what you have or find one already done of the same size..
good luck
tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.