Replacement Afordable fuel injection fuel pump part number - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Replacement Afordable fuel injection fuel pump part number

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 05-13-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
aero mech
1980 CJ7 

Replacement Afordable fuel injection fuel pump part number

I bought my AFI kit second had from this forum and lately the fuel pump mounted on the fram rail is becomming louder and serging. The kit is a TBI. This is making my volt gauge dance like I have a huge stero system installed. Any one know the part number or source for the replacement pump. I know I can contact them but I would like a local replacement source. I've looked at the pump and their are no numbers that I can see. Thanks for the help. JC

80 CJ-7 Straight six,comp cam,4.0 head, cherokee header, DUI distributor, Affordable FI TBI ,4.10's wide track amc 20 aussie locked and trussed, Dana 30 aussie locked, PSC steering box, 4.5 RE lift, twin sticked dana 300 with Lo max 4to1 35"STT'S ON DC-1 "It's getting there"
aero mech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #2
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Airtex makes a good external pump. Part#E8228 I'm using this one in my 5.0 EFI build.

CJ7ROB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #3
aero mech
1980 CJ7 

Humm looks a lot like what I've got installed. I wonder if an efi rated pump would flow more fuel than I need and give me a rich condition . I think my pump runs about 30 lbs of pressure?
80 CJ-7 Straight six,comp cam,4.0 head, cherokee header, DUI distributor, Affordable FI TBI ,4.10's wide track amc 20 aussie locked and trussed, Dana 30 aussie locked, PSC steering box, 4.5 RE lift, twin sticked dana 300 with Lo max 4to1 35"STT'S ON DC-1 "It's getting there"
Unread 05-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #4
CSP

Your TBI is EFI. You'll be fine using that pump as long as your pressure regulator is doing its job, which it probably is if it has been running so far.

Another option is the E2000 which was used on late 80s/early 90s F150s and Broncos.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #5
1983 CJ7 

Specs are very close to stock GM TBI pump.

Unread 05-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
aero mech
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSP
Your TBI is EFI. You'll be fine using that pump as long as your pressure regulator is doing its job, which it probably is if it has been running so far.

Another option is the E2000 which was used on late 80s/early 90s F150s and Broncos.
Yea I was thinking of mpfi thanks ill look into both Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.