Replaced Sloppy Drag Link- pics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Replaced Sloppy Drag Link- pics

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 01-04-2010, 06:32 AM   #1
twoleos617
1986 CJ7 

Replaced Sloppy Drag Link- pics

hopefully these pics will help someone else in need. After replacing the steering bracket, brace, and tierod assembly, i still had sloppy steering. i jacked up the front, and wiggled the passenger wheel and saw that the tie rod on the pitman arm was sloppy as can be. replacing the drag link assembly fixed the wiggle problem but havent had it on the road yet to test drive.
What was supposed to be a 30 min replacement took me much longer. i didnt have the right tools and had to go to AZ and rent a pickle fork. using the right tool and a bunch of heat, the tie rod popped right out of the pitman arm! also the old cotter pins were so rusted, they snapped right off on both sides on the castle nut. i had to cut them down so they were just inside the tierod so i could get the castle nuts off.

Mike D.
twoleos617 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.