Removing body mount bolts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Removing body mount bolts

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 02-10-2007, 06:58 AM   #1
ETJeep

Removing body mount bolts

I could use some advise.

I have a 78 CJ-5 Levis Renegade with the 258 I6 engine. It has 38,000 miles on it. It was kept outside for about 5 years but was garage kept for the rest. It has some significant rust in the floor area of the front seats but the rest of the tub is in good shape. I am doing a body off restoration. I'm ready to remove the tub from the frame but am having trouble with the body mount bolts. We put the first one on an impact gun and it broke loose on the inside weld and just spins.

Any suggestions on removing these nuts without breakin them loose?

I'm setting up a website to post some pics and should have it done today. This Jeep is totally stock and well worth the trouble and expense to restore. My first vehicle ever was a 78 CJ-7 and it's been my goal for the last 20 years to get another one and restore it.

ETJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2007, 07:41 AM   #2
Pacfanweb
Go Wolfpack

1981 CJ7 

Depending on which bolt it is that broke loose, you'll need to cut an access hole so you can get a wrench on the nut.
I think a couple of them can already be accessed, but some cannot.
Pacfanweb is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.