reman engine, ballancing? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > reman engine, ballancing?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 08-15-2009, 12:22 PM   #1
rodjr
1980 CJ7 

reman engine, ballancing?

considering doing a reman engine, as opposed to rebuild the one i have (no time to do it). i have done my own motors in the past but i have always ballanced. if i go reman it wont be, just wondering if im going to be real disapointed. so i would like to here about your reman, is it a shaker?

rodjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2009, 12:37 PM   #2
rixcj
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

My jeep had a crate 401 in it when I bought it. The engine had a metal "remanufactured" tag on it, but it didn't have the rebuilders name on it.

After some detective work, I found out that it was bought through Advanced Auto Parts.

Over time, it developed a constant vibration. After spending a lot of time and money trying to eliminate the obvious, and then some, we decided to pull it out, tear it down, and take a look.

It was a mess! Talk about a shoddy rebuild job! It was so bad that we decided not to put it back together.

So, unless the reman was done by a reputable shop that "knows" AMC's, I'd go another route.

Here's one of the good ones...

http://www.golenengineservice.com/html/jeep.html

Rich

There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
rixcj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.