Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Reliable Repair Shop Jacksonville Florida

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Turtle71 
#1 ·
Newbie to: Forum....Posting.... & JEEPS!

Any/All advice appreciated. looking for reliable all round repair shop.
I am in Jacksonville, Florida.

Just bought 1976 cj5 that needs a little LOVE!
The most pressing needs that I cannot tackle myself :
2nd gear synchronizer going out
Floor pan repair/replace ~ some serious problems with metal mites!

Thanks
Ginger:wave:

#2 ·
Welcome to the Forum Ginger. If you hang with this for a while you'll be expert in no time. There are a few guys who live in JAX who are members. Wait a bit until they post... surely they can give you some good advice.

We love pics!! :wave:

#6 ·
GO TO HAPPY TRAILS 4x4 NEAR MAYPORT!!!! All they do is specialize in Jeeps, from full restorations to changing a light bulb. A little pricey, but you get what you pay for. I would not take my jeep anywhere else to get Jeep related things done.

However, if you need an exhaust place, go to JR's Muffler in Orange Park. Will not get better work for the price! Cost me $60 (+ cost of flowmaster) to run all new exhaust pipe from the manifold out the back.

#7 ·
Welcome. I live in St Johns County. Luckily so far I've been able to conquer my dilemma's with the help of friends. There is a Jeep specialty place that advertises on craigslist that's located downtown. I don't know their reputation though. They post parts on CL pretty often. Morris 4x4 is a good online source for parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.