refinishing cj5 seat & bikini top with vinyl trim paint?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > refinishing cj5 seat & bikini top with vinyl trim paint??

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 06-05-2014, 06:52 AM   #1
tomcat77
1977 CJ5 

refinishing cj5 seat & bikini top with vinyl trim paint??

I got an old faded fold and tumble rear seat and a tan bikini top that I want to paint with that vinyl trim spray paint from part store. Anybody done this? How well will it work? My jeep is black and has a tan bikini top that doesn't look right. I am going to replace the top in future anyway so not too worried about messing it up. Thanks

tomcat77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2014, 01:03 PM   #2
Kastraelie
1977 CJ7 

VHT Vinyl dye comes in an aerosol form and works extremely well. I use it in my line of work to "paint" wires and cables. It flexes very well. I've seen it used with great results on car dashes. I have not personally done it on a seat or bikini top, but if you are going to try to replace it anyways, give it a shot!

My Frame-Off
Kastraelie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2014, 01:06 PM   #3
CSP

x2 on the vinyl dye. I can't comment on the durability either as I've only used it on a dashpad.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2014, 05:15 PM   #4
tomcat77
1977 CJ5 

I went ahead and ordered a new black bikini top. I may go ahead and paint the tan one and use it for a trail top. The stuff I was going to try was duplicolor from oriellys.
tomcat77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.