refinishing cj5 seat & bikini top with vinyl trim paint?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > refinishing cj5 seat & bikini top with vinyl trim paint??

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-05-2014, 06:52 AM   #1
tomcat77
1977 CJ5 

refinishing cj5 seat & bikini top with vinyl trim paint??

I got an old faded fold and tumble rear seat and a tan bikini top that I want to paint with that vinyl trim spray paint from part store. Anybody done this? How well will it work? My jeep is black and has a tan bikini top that doesn't look right. I am going to replace the top in future anyway so not too worried about messing it up. Thanks

tomcat77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2014, 01:03 PM   #2
Kastraelie
1977 CJ7 

VHT Vinyl dye comes in an aerosol form and works extremely well. I use it in my line of work to "paint" wires and cables. It flexes very well. I've seen it used with great results on car dashes. I have not personally done it on a seat or bikini top, but if you are going to try to replace it anyways, give it a shot!

My Frame-Off
Kastraelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2014, 01:06 PM   #3
CSP

x2 on the vinyl dye. I can't comment on the durability either as I've only used it on a dashpad.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2014, 05:15 PM   #4
tomcat77
1977 CJ5 

I went ahead and ordered a new black bikini top. I may go ahead and paint the tan one and use it for a trail top. The stuff I was going to try was duplicolor from oriellys.
tomcat77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.