Recipe Exchange... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Recipe Exchange...

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 09-26-2011, 07:11 AM   #1
poppatello
1984 CJ7 

Recipe Exchange...

The wife and I started cooking together today and plan to make it a Sunday tradition. We will be cooking using a recipe we both haven't tried before each Sunday while spending time together in the kitchen. I would like to start this thread on recipes you folks have so we can all share them and try them.

I will start with one I picked out. We both weren't sure how this would turn out but hot damn it was great. If you like hot spicy stuff this is the recipe for you to try.

Southwestern Soup

Prep time: 20 minutes

Cook time: 8 hours

1 1/2 ibs. boneless pork sirloin roast or tenderloin, cut into 1" pieces
4 (14 oz.) cans of low sodium chicken broth
2 (16 oz.) cans of mild chili beans
1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
1 large green bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1" pieces
1 cup of frozen whole kernel corn
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
1 (1.25 oz) pkg. chili seasoning
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

In 4 to 5 qt slow cooker (I recommend 5) add pork, broth, beans, tomato, bell pepper, corn, onion, jalapeno, chili seasoning, and garlic powder.

Cover and cook 8 to 10 hours on low, or 4 to 5 on high. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in cilantro and serve. Serves 8.

I plan to try this with beef next time. This was great and it is spicy. Add as much or as little as you wish I suppose but try it this way first then change it next time around.

I added a whole can of diced tomato and I would add a half a bag of corn next time. I like corn. I think a bit more meat would have been better too. But it was a great soup. I started it off on med/high for about 3 hours stirring every half hour. Then I turned it down to low for another 2.5 and let cool for an hour before putting it away. I like soup cooled and eating the next day.

I used pork chop on the bone. I put a piece of bone and some fat into it for better flavor. I removed the bone and fat after it cooled.

Good luck...

Paved Roads
A Fine Example of Needless Government Spending
Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker View Post

Sometimes it a good idea to pull a vacuum hose before the wife rides in it--you can tell her you need a new ____ and once you get your new ____ you can reconnect the hose. :)

84 Cj 7 w/ 4-Banger, 4.5" BDS lift, 1/2 Trans Drop, Twin Stick, 32" Tire, Front Aussie Locker, No Sound System Yet, No Armor, Warn 8274 Not Installed, Webber Carb Upgrade, Luckycheese Ing. Upgrade...
poppatello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2011, 07:17 AM   #2
CSP

And all this time I thought this was a CJ tech forum.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2011, 07:22 AM   #3
poppatello
1984 CJ7 

Hahaha, and I knew some smart *** would post up something like this. Yes it is and I did post in the General Discussion. However, I figured like myself until today I never check the other sub-forums so I figured I would post here as well for I would like to hear from my fellow Cj owners. So please pass if you have nothing to add and ...

Paved Roads
A Fine Example of Needless Government Spending
Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker View Post

Sometimes it a good idea to pull a vacuum hose before the wife rides in it--you can tell her you need a new ____ and once you get your new ____ you can reconnect the hose. :)

84 Cj 7 w/ 4-Banger, 4.5" BDS lift, 1/2 Trans Drop, Twin Stick, 32" Tire, Front Aussie Locker, No Sound System Yet, No Armor, Warn 8274 Not Installed, Webber Carb Upgrade, Luckycheese Ing. Upgrade...
poppatello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.