Rebuilt AMC 304 crank won't turn manually - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Rebuilt AMC 304 crank won't turn manually

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 01-26-2013, 12:15 AM   #61
Greekcj5
1973 CJ5 

So here's the latest gents. I called the machinist, he apologized and ordered my new bearings. I picked them up today, installed them and it turns like a champ. The clearances were within .0019 and .0022 so I swapped them around a little and now I'm at .0021 to .023 which is exactly what I was looking for. Everything's torqued and now on to the valves, heads etc. Thanks again for all your help guys

Greekcj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 01:46 AM   #62
swatson454
Mall-crawlin' Hot Rodder

1983 CJ7 

Nice job figuring things out for yourself, dude. You were a breath away from a spun bearing. I wouldn't want to be that close!

Shawn
Unread 01-26-2013, 02:04 AM   #63
Greekcj5
1973 CJ5 

thanks for all the help Shawn and the rest of u guys. I'll post pics when I'm done with the build.
Greekcj5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.