Rebelcon (1986 cj7 build) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Rebelcon (1986 cj7 build)

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-02-2014, 02:15 PM   #1
BDP72
1986 CJ7 

Rebelcon (1986 cj7 build)

Some of might remember me, I started a build about a year ago and didn't get started good and life happened. I want go in to details on that, but I will say it ate up my funds and was a real blessing. It actually gave me some time to read through some threads and make a decision on what I actually want to do. I even came up with a name for my jeep (Rebelcon) during football season when I took my boys to watch our favorite team, Ole Miss Rebels. I also looked at a lot of jeep pic on the old interweb and found this pic. I don't know who's jeep it actually is, but had this color combo in my head, (less the yellow lock rings) just wasn't sure what they would look like together. After seeing this yj, I have to say I like it. Some of the things I plan to do is custom roll cage, Yj spring lift, DIY bead locks, tube fenders, body armor, interior make over, a 5.3 ls engine and drivetrain upgrade, and what every else my redneck can dream up.

image-1000380258.jpg

BDP72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2014, 07:59 PM   #2
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

The Jeep in the pic is suffering from an identity crisis.

Phoenix Rising- A Flame Off Restoration? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ph...ation-1807257/
WindKnot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2014, 06:22 AM   #3
BDP72
1986 CJ7 

Had to cut my last post short to pick my son up at school and take him to ball practice, but I told things I plan on doing so here's a few things that I have done. Build back bumper and tire rack, front bumper ( which I'm not happy with and going to redo ), team rush upgrade, weber 38 carb, long tube header, tuffy overhead console, champion aluminum radiator, electric fan, and installed a stereo system (got a few bugs to work out with that) But right now I'm working on getting all the parts together to repair a collapse lifter. Almost got all of them just having a little trouble finding the right head bolts, but hopefully a call to ARP will get that took care of.
Unread 04-07-2014, 06:25 AM   #4
BDP72
1986 CJ7 

I forgot to say that once I get her back together I'll get some pic to post. I had some of the stuff I've done but lost them on a phone update. Stupid iPhone!
Unread 04-15-2014, 01:39 PM   #5
BDP72
1986 CJ7 

Still waiting on head bolts, hopefully brown Santa will drop them off this evening. In the mean time I went ahead and installed a Hayden trans-cooler I got from summit racing. I first installed it with the plastic ties that it came with, but I just didn't think it would hold up out on the trail. Well a trip to Lowes, and picked up some 3/4" x 8' aluminum angle. Then fab 2 stand off brackets that I riveted to the mounting flanges on the sides of my champion radiator. Next I cut 2 pieces long enough to reach across the stand offs, and bolted them to the stand offs. Then I cut 2 more a little longer that the trans-cooler, and used them to clamp the trans-cooler in place. But before I clamp it, I lined the inside of all 4 angles with 3 layers 3m's 130c rubber splicing tape. Finally run hoses and installed radiator back in grill .
image-3557305000.jpg

image-922605676.jpg

Unread 04-25-2014, 11:31 AM   #6
BDP72
1986 CJ7 

Well got in the right head bolts and every 2 head gasket kits she's running again. Pics r coming soon.
Unread 06-06-2014, 01:50 PM   #7
BDP72
1986 CJ7 

I have not got to work on rebelcon in a while due to baseball season, but did manage to take it wheeling and have a little fun with my two boys last weekend (Tried to download some picks but it keeps day they exceed the mb limit). Run find I until we started to leave, and it blowed the ign fuse. Replaced the fuse and run fine till we made a left hand turn, it would blow again. After replacing the ign module, taking apart the steering column and removing the dash, I found the short under the hood. Back when I replaced my carb with a weber 38, I no longer the the plug and wires that plugged into the old carb. So I taped them to the wiring harness, but but sometime during my many motor upgrades and repairs I pulled one off them lose. And it found its way to the header, witch melted the plug and exposing the terminals. Then every time I turn left the wire would swing over and hit the header blowing the fuse. Then when you straighten out the wire would swing back in behind the steering shaft, break cylinder, hoses, and everything else on that side where u could not see it. Now I told you that story to get to this one. Since I had the dash out I decided to go ahead and clean and re furbish it. I took duple color vinyl paint and refinished the dash pad, sanded the dash panel and repaired it . And that's where I stand today waiting on brown Santa to drop off all the other goodies I order. But here is a preview off the new dash.
image-1259140441.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.