Rear suspension - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Rear suspension

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-11-2013, 06:07 AM   #1
Mlaughlin8
1980 CJ5 

Rear suspension

I am curious about replacing my rough 4" superlift rear springs with a stock spring sprung over... Would this be a smart decision? Would the lift be about the same or taller? Right now I have the 4" sping and 1/2" shackles with spring under, I want to put the the stock rear spring back on with no shackle lift with spring over! My front is nice but the rear is stiff. I am trying to achieve a softer more flexy rear suspension, would this work?

Mlaughlin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #2
Truck633
GO ONE MORE!!

You may get an unlevel look....
We did the SOA on my buddies CJ5 and it ended up about 6 inches higher after it was all finished. I don't recall how much it was off, but it was quite a bit!

Up here - we go by results, when you preached, people slept. When he flew, people prayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
It's like dads new mistress. You hate her until you see her boobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana View Post
I bet the new bike riding monkey will pedal a lot faster!
Truck633 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #3
Mlaughlin8
1980 CJ5 

Did you do the soa to just the rear?
Mlaughlin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #4
CSP

The amount of lift you get out of SOA is pretty easy to figure out. Take the diameter of the axle tube, add 2x the thickness of the spring packs and 2x the thickness of the spring perch and you're done. Should be somewhere around 5.5"-6" with stock CJ axles.
CSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #5
Truck633
GO ONE MORE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlaughlin8 View Post
Did you do the soa to just the rear?
Front and rear, if I recall, it was about 6 1/2 inches... Looked great, introduced an axle wrap problem though!

Up here - we go by results, when you preached, people slept. When he flew, people prayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
It's like dads new mistress. You hate her until you see her boobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana View Post
I bet the new bike riding monkey will pedal a lot faster!
Truck633 is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.