Rear shoulder belts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Rear shoulder belts

1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Stainless Steel Exhaust Mani1996-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 05-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #1
RenoF250
1985 CJ7 

Rear shoulder belts

I have a family roll bar in my CJ7 and I just got the shoulder belts with a new seat on CL and want to put them in. They appear to bolt right in except the lose end of the main strap. It appears to want to bolt to a vertical surface but the factory holes are flat on the floor. I am thinking of making brackets out of angle but wanted to make sure I am not missing something. Does anyone have a picture of how they mount in a YJ?

RenoF250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #2
Matt80cj
1980 CJ7 

Do a search here for family bar install. I can't recall the actual title to the article but that is what I did when I installed mine. It has the proper measurements for that mount. You have to drill the fender.
Matt80cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 12:37 AM   #3
RenoF250
1985 CJ7 

I have searched everything I can think of and have not found it. If someone has a picture or a link that would be good. I take it you put a hole in the fender and put it there? I would think that would need some reinforcement.
Unread 05-20-2013, 05:44 AM   #4
Trombino
1978 CJ7 

Here is a picture of mine that I just installed last week. I measured 12" from the rear of the tub and up 2" and drilled a 7/16" hole through to the inner wheel well. I also include a link to the write-up I had researched prior to doing the family roll-bar swap.

Link: Changing a CJ rollbar to a YJ Family Style Rollbar

'78 CJ7 -- Chevy 350 SBC, Holley 4-BBL, TH700R4, B&M Performance Shifter, Dana 300 w/ Twin Sticks, 3" Shackle Lift, 3" Body Lift, D30 Front (Disc), AMC 20 Rear w/ Moser 1-Piece, 4.10's, 35x12.50/15 General Grabber MT's, Cragar Soft 8's (15x8 w/ 4" BS)
Trombino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 09:05 AM   #5
RenoF250
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trombino View Post
Here is a picture of mine that I just installed last week. I measured 12" from the rear of the tub and up 2" and drilled a 7/16" hole through to the inner wheel well. I also include a link to the write-up I had researched prior to doing the family roll-bar swap.

Link: Changing a CJ rollbar to a YJ Family Style Rollbar

Perfect, thanks!

Did you add any reinforcement? That fender sheet metal is pretty thin. I think the regular seat belt hole have a very big washer/nut spot welded on. I think I will put a piece of angle on the outside that catches under the floor and weld a nut to it.
Unread 05-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #6
82JeepCJ7
1982 CJ7 

My rear belts bolt to the seat frame.

Wheel, Wrench, Repeat.
82JeepCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #7
Trombino
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoF250 View Post
Perfect, thanks!

Did you add any reinforcement? That fender sheet metal is pretty thin. I think the regular seat belt hole have a very big washer/nut spot welded on. I think I will put a piece of angle on the outside that catches under the floor and weld a nut to it.
I didn't use anything to reinforce but that's a good idea. I did use grade 8 hardware including the washers.
'78 CJ7 -- Chevy 350 SBC, Holley 4-BBL, TH700R4, B&M Performance Shifter, Dana 300 w/ Twin Sticks, 3" Shackle Lift, 3" Body Lift, D30 Front (Disc), AMC 20 Rear w/ Moser 1-Piece, 4.10's, 35x12.50/15 General Grabber MT's, Cragar Soft 8's (15x8 w/ 4" BS)
Trombino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.