Rear seat pics if you have them. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Rear seat pics if you have them.

RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 06-21-2012, 08:57 AM   #1
weebejeepin
1978 CJ5 

Rear seat pics if you have them.

my rear seat is old and I am wanting to install front seats in the rear. I want the high back and head rests since my kids ride in the back. I worry that if someone ever rear ends me then there is nothing to support there heads. has anyone seen a high back seat installed in the rear? There looks to be enough room.

weebejeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #2
Mr_Ranger
1978 CJ5 

I've been looking at the Bestop TrailMax II Fold and Tumble Seats http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BS...1978|Model|CJ5
Anybody have these?
Mr_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 10:18 AM   #3
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

That fold & tumble seat ^^^ might be the better choice. A "custom" seat set up that isn't anchored properly might be a source of tragedy in a wreck. (I'm assuming that seat attaches at the factory anchor points.)
Unread 06-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
85LaredoCJ7
1985 CJ7 

I have one. It's nice I guess,

Unread 06-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #5
blkbluyj
1975 CJ6 

OK i will let you in on something i figured out. 02 and up explorer/mountaineer 2nd row seats out of a vehicle with the 3rd row option. The 2 outside seats of the second row will fit and come with there own frames. I mounted them on the opposite side that they came on just so they fold and tumble mechanisms were in the center. That also allows you to fold each seat individually. It sits higher than stock so it is also way more comfortable. If you throw a YJ family cage in then you also have the 3 point seat belts to help keep them in there seats.

If you want i will try to find some pics so you guys can see them.
Unread 06-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #6
Mr_Ranger
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbluyj View Post
OK i will let you in on something i figured out. 02 and up explorer/mountaineer 2nd row seats out of a vehicle with the 3rd row option. The 2 outside seats of the second row will fit and come with there own frames. I mounted them on the opposite side that they came on just so they fold and tumble mechanisms were in the center. That also allows you to fold each seat individually. It sits higher than stock so it is also way more comfortable. If you throw a YJ family cage in then you also have the 3 point seat belts to help keep them in there seats.

If you want i will try to find some pics so you guys can see them.
Yes, please
Mr_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #7
weebejeepin
1978 CJ5 

Yes, that is sounding very interesting. Should also be some of them in Junk Yards. And if I could locate a black one that would be perfect. If not that trial jammer seat looks pretty nice for the $.
Unread 06-22-2012, 11:06 AM   #8
blkbluyj
1975 CJ6 

Ok here it goes. I did this in my YJ because i for one hate that sorry arse seat that jeep gave me when they made my ride. This will work on all YJ models and should work for the CJ folks also. Ford Explorers and Mercury Mountaineers starting in 02 have a split fold and tumble 2nd row seating if they are equipped with 3rd row seating. No i liked the idea of the rampage rear seat that splits however i was not going to pay the price they wanted for it. So since i have an 03 mounty i figured i would take some measurements and see if i could get the 2 outside seats to fit in the back of the YJ. Well, they seemed to be close to 36 inches wide and the between the wheel well of the YJ was 36 so i figured what the heck lets try it. I started looking for seats and found a set at Jordan's up in Dilliner PA. (DO NOT LET THEM PREASURE WASH THE SEATS). I was pretty straight forward mounting them. They come with the fold and tumble brackets attached so all you have to do is bolt them in. However you will have to prop the rear of the seats about an inch. I will build some better supports later on but, this will work for now.

Test fit

One folded, you can see the seat mounting brackets

Poppa Wheeler trying the first one out to see if it is ok where it is.

First one mounted.

Folded

Tumbled

Both rear seats mounted.

Both folded

Both tumbled

With both tumbled you can fit a normal size cooler in the area behind the seats. With one folded you can fit a nice size cooler that will carry your drinks and lunches for trailrides. I did have to remove the huge homemade soundbar that was in my heep. However i think i can get a set of the pods to use instead and there wont be any issues. We did notice that these could be lowered just but cutting off the round legs and rewelding them in the factory brackets which may eliminate the need to raise the rear of the seat. Overall i am very happy with the way it turned out.
Unread 06-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #9
rixcj
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

Nice job! Thanks for sharing.

Rich

There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
rixcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 07:26 PM   #10
weebejeepin
1978 CJ5 

Great. Looks good. I might try this out. Gives me a reason to hit the junk yard.
Unread 03-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #11
johnconner16
1980 CJ7 

Do the mounting holes line up on the seats and the floor or did you have to remake some?
johnconner16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 06:19 PM   #12
RDH

Holy crap, I was just looking for something like this.
Unread 03-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #13
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'm using a middle row seat out of a suburban. It's taking a few mods to make it fit but I think it will be worth it. It's going in my YJ/CJ. I plan to do a write-up as soon as I'm done with the install.

forumrunner_20130328_184814.jpg
Unread 03-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #14
dandd
1982 CJ8 

Here's a pic of my narrowed (11") suburban third row seat. I wanted the intigrated seat belts.
sub_rear_seat_small.jpg  
dandd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #15
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandd View Post
Here's a pic of my narrowed (11") suburban third row seat. I wanted the intigrated seat belts.
Sweet!! I love it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.