rear-end suggestions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > rear-end suggestions

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 01-20-2002, 12:21 AM   #1
WarnRocker79

rear-end suggestions

I am looking to put new gears in my jeep. It has an inline 6 in it. I am wanting to have real power but still be able to drive on road some. Any suggestions would be helpful, and any brand names would be good too.

Slowly rebuilding into a monster
WarnRocker79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2002, 10:01 AM   #2
Darko

what kind of trans and tires are you running. IF you are going to the trouble of adding gears, maybe you should consider a locker and axle shafts if it is all apart, or you could just swap in a D44. If you go with higher gears (4.88+) I would suggest keeping the M20 because the ring gear is 8.875" wide where the D44 is only 8.5" wide. The axles have almost the same spline. The D44 has 30, and the M20 has 29. With one piece axles, and welding your axle tubes to you diff housing would make the M20 just as strong as the D44, maybe stronger.
Unread 01-21-2002, 02:40 PM   #3
clegger

If you do plan on keeping the AMC20, make sure you have it straightend. Those axles are known for turning into bananas.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.