Rear corners for a stretched CJ5 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-01-2016, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1981 CJ5 

Garage
Rear corners for a stretched CJ5

Anyone have some off the shelf rear corners you used with a stretch? I'd like to avoid a comp cut at all costs. I've moved the tires back about 4" and that's what these corners advertise they're for.

http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....ductid=CNR1003

Any other options out there? Anyone know if these will fit a 5? Obviously I'll have to cut them for the door openings. Mainly concerned with the side to rear corner bend.

Andy, KD8EIA
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetscuh
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-02-2016, 09:57 AM
Fourtrail
1974 CJ6 

The ones you have linked will not work. They are for a CJ-7 and the body tub is a couple of inches taller and you would have to cut down the whole top edge along with the door opening. Why not start with these is you are going to have to do a bunch of cutting anyway and then you can match to where your tire looks correct in the opening you cut out.

http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....ductid=CNR1500

80 CJ-5, 74 CJ-6, 56 CJ-5
post #3 of 6 Old 05-02-2016, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1981 CJ5 

Garage
Hmm, I didn't think the tubs were that different. I figure the flat cut on top would be easier than the gas filler and wheel wells. How much taller is the 7 tub than the 5 tub?

Andy, KD8EIA
|
|
|
Quote:
post #4 of 6 Old 05-02-2016, 03:01 PM
Fourtrail
1974 CJ6 

I would have to measure the two, but I know that if you put a 7 tailgate on a 5 that it sticks up a few inches above the body line. I would rather trace out the fuel and tail light holes from the back side after hanging the quarters to make sure they line up than try to cut down the whole panel and then copy the door opening curves. Also if going to new corners I would be converting flush mount lights so the only thing to copy would be the fuel filler.

80 CJ-5, 74 CJ-6, 56 CJ-5
post #5 of 6 Old 05-02-2016, 03:07 PM
Agent_Orange
1985 CJ7 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/di...37/index7.html

a link to my rear quarter panel replacement. $70 and I re sided rear and sides of my CJ-7. the same principle should work for your application.

Some guys think if they have a cool Rig they are better than other guys... and those guys are right!
post #6 of 6 Old 05-02-2016, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1981 CJ5 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Orange View Post
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/di...37/index7.html

a link to my rear quarter panel replacement. $70 and I re sided rear and sides of my CJ-7. the same principle should work for your application.
That's freakin awesome. But I'm looking for armor not sheet metal. Unless you want to bend some 3/16 for me and ship it out

Andy, KD8EIA
|
|
|
Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.