Rear axle ID help needed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Rear axle ID help needed

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 01-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
jamesdaniel
1975 CJ5 

Rear axle ID help needed

the rear in my jeep looks like an amc 20. I am positiveit is not the original, there are two sets of spring perches on it and it sticks out about 2 and a half inches further on the passenger side . the differential was offset to the drivers side by 2 or 2.5 inches in its original application but was centered under my jeep. on top of the diff is the letter n and the numbers 891 . any ideas ?
I tried to load a pic but it wouldn't let me.

jamesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
Centerfire

1986 CJ7 

Centerfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
jamesdaniel
1975 CJ5 

That's a great chart for reference. It confirmsi have an amc 20, but where did mine come from ? the diff was offset 2.5 inches to the driverside.
Unread 01-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #4
Centerfire

1986 CJ7 

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-pa...og.pdf#page=69
amc20.jpg  
Centerfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #5
jamesdaniel
1975 CJ5 

Mine has no such markings. What would be a good axle to stick under the rear of my 75 cj5 ? do i just need to find a 20 for a cj5 ? I found some welds on the yoke of the rear while looking for numbers and have decided it needs to just be replaced. It looks funny anyway sticking out more on the pass. side.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.