A real bad night - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > A real bad night

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 10-02-2005, 10:31 PM   #1
gigihurt

A real bad night

Last night me and some of the locals decided to go riding in a local mud hole after the roy jones fight HA HA HA. I darted home right after the fight to grab my waders and boots from my shop and the jeep stalled in the back yard. Went to start the dang thing back up and she wouldnt even turn over. I tried the big charger tapping the starter and jumping the cylinoid only to find the motor was locked up. Talk about pain in the arse. I new I should have had a V8

Unread 10-03-2005, 08:03 AM   #2
Rockram1

Hydro locked! Damn! hate it when that happens! Pull all the sparkplugs and try to turn the engine over. Hopefully you can push the water out.
And no internal damage was done. Good luck. Hey now's the prefect time to install that v8 you've been eye balling.
Unread 10-03-2005, 08:35 AM   #3
gigihurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockram1
Hydro locked! .
I already pulled the plugs just in case that was the problem. I do beleive something broke or it spun a bearing and seized up. The bad part is it didnt even make any odd noises.
Unread 10-04-2005, 04:42 PM   #4
chevy power

Well on the up side at least it went home to die. Sorry about your luck, Does the oil have any water in it? Seems odd though that it just up and died without any warning. Did it overheat or anything unusual? Anyone really mad at you?
Unread 10-04-2005, 05:06 PM   #5
timmymorg

(Did it overheat or anything unusual? Anyone really mad at you?) LOL. The ol "sugar in the gastank trick" is a possibility.

See if you can put a wrench on the bolt on the front of the crank bolt on the front of the block (plugs out of course) and spin it free by hand. If youve got a 258 and it gets loose, you will probably need to think about tearing it down in the next 100K miles or so (lol).

Seriously, if you get it free and can get the water out, change the oil, you may be able to get er fired up again. But you will still need to tear it down to check for damage pretty soon.

T
timmymorg is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.