Re-tuned my weber, hows it sound? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Re-tuned my weber, hows it sound?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!2003-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Dark Background wi

Unread 04-12-2014, 06:34 PM   #1
kovic
1983 CJ5 

Re-tuned my weber, hows it sound?

Hey guys I went ahead and set my weber 32/36 to baseline and readjusted it, made a couple videos.

My mixture ended up 1 3/4 ish turns out, idle screw is 1 1/2 turns in.

My issue is the secondary adjustment. I had to mess with it just a little to get my rpms up.

what do you guys think?

Thanks

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Sorry I couldnt figure out how to put them right on the site
kov

kovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2014, 06:48 PM   #2
swatson454
Web Wheeler

1983 CJ7 

Sounds like you did a pretty darn good job

Shawn
Unread 04-12-2014, 06:56 PM   #3
kovic
1983 CJ5 

Thanks Swatson The engine has some shake to it, you can see it from the air intake tube, but no big stumbles.

I was only concerned with the secondary throttle plate adjustment screw, I had to move it some to get my idle up. to 650 ish rpms. Is that ok?

Thanks

kov
Unread 04-12-2014, 08:36 PM   #4
kovic
1983 CJ5 

I actually tweaked it just a tad more, took it for a hard test drive, and surprisingly there was no hesitation when I smashed it and the secondary opened. It just went

Of course I let the rpms get up there before I hit it.

But I took a video, basically a sound video of the exhaust.

Am I hearing lean pops, or am I just going crazy?

thanks

[IMG]http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af13/kovic83/th_VID_20140412_220656_438.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

kov
Unread 04-12-2014, 10:02 PM   #5
swatson454
Web Wheeler

1983 CJ7 

I really couldn't hear anything on my end. Tweaking the secondary plate is a pretty common band-aid but it's a slippery slope and you don't really have a large window to work with. If you want to verify your settings, pull the carb off and have a look at how much of the enrichment hole is visible below the throttle plate. More than a quarter of it and you're probably on the edge.

With your mixture screw setting, it sounds like you nailed it.

Shawn
Unread 04-12-2014, 11:50 PM   #6
kovic
1983 CJ5 

Yea I feel like I got to be close, At first what I did was leave the idle screw at 1 1/2 in, never touched it. I worked with the secondary plate screw and the idle mixture. At first attempt the mixture was out 2 1/4 turns. I felt like that was a little bit over recommended, so I screw the secondary throttle plate in a tad, that way i could put the mixture screw in the recommended area.

Its got to be close, Im not sure where the secondary should be, at one point I thought someone said 1/6th turn open. Which Im not sure how many turned it takes to even start uncovering the hole. I think I am close with that though.

I may end up taking the carb off to check, im just not sure how many more removals the gasket can take lol.

kov

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.