Re: Membership Drive - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Re: Membership Drive

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!Warn and Smittybilt Free Shipping OfferRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 03-27-2009, 12:38 PM   #1
Ford_Prefect
1984 CJ7 

Re: Membership Drive

Hey yall.

I do not know if there is any specific place to just talk, general discussion wise, within the CJ section, but since you guys are the only people I know on here, opbviously I would prefer to talk to the folks I know... I hope that the moderators are not going to get too irked with me, nor move this into a general discussion for the entire board.

Anyhow, I just wondered what everyone thinks about this membership drive. I have gotten several e-mails on it, and of course I have seen the posts for it on here. They do not let you respond to it though.

So what does everyone think about it? Does this make anyone more excited to join up?

I figure I would join if I could afford it, but I just do not have the money for that right now. Too many other things I need first.

Anyhow, sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I do hope you can let it stay for a while...

Ford_Prefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2009, 02:14 PM   #2
bigjoe
1977 CJ7 

Well it's cheaper then the 25 bucks it is at other times. the membership does give you some other bells that are nice to have. The other side is the membership money goes into upkeep and improvements to the site as well.

77' CJ-7 84' CJ-7 83' Chevy K10
bigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2009, 02:24 PM   #3
kickingprop
1985 CJ7 

Kind of off the subject but still sort of on the subject. I was considering joining despite being a little broke at the moment just to throw my hand in the free giveaway for membersdeal thats advertised right now. Then I realized of all things they are giving away...almost everything is TJ or JK specific and that kinda turned me off...

Really the winch was the only thing I could even use I think...

Just my thoughts though as a disgruntled CJ owner
Phase Three: Waggy 44 front, Scout D44 Rear, 4.56's, ARB's (F/R) SOA with YJ Springs, 35x12.50x15 BFG MT - Not Even Close to beginning

Also a mostly rust-free 1970 Scout 800A That I'll get to start working on someday...

Quote:
Chrome won't get you home...BUT Rattle Can Black may just get you back"
kickingprop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2009, 02:24 PM   #4
JamieinNH
1984 CJ7 

The way I see it, with owning a Jeep you KNOW there will be issues and troubles... Paying for the membership to help keep this site alive makes it worth all the KNOWLEDGE you get from it.

I believe in the end of the year I win because the amount of good information I get from this site sure is worth more in the end than what the membership cost me.

Also, I can understand not being able to pay for it, but it's really only a couple of bucks per month.

If I ran this site, I believe I would make it a pay to post option. Lurk and read all you want for free, but if you have a question or concern about your Jeep, you should be a paying member to post. It's not cheap to run a site like this.

Jamie
Unread 03-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #5
JamieinNH
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingprop View Post
Kind of off the subject but still sort of on the subject. I was considering joining despite being a little broke at the moment just to throw my hand in the free giveaway for membersdeal thats advertised right now. Then I realized of all things they are giving away...almost everything is TJ or JK specific and that kinda turned me off...

Really the winch was the only thing I could even use I think...

Just my thoughts though as a disgruntled CJ owner
I can understand where you're coming from because I am a CJ owner. However that being said, I think the vendors would let you use the prize as a credit, or at the very least you could sell it and then get something you want...

No matter what model... I want to win it all!

Jamie
Unread 03-28-2009, 03:21 PM   #6
Ford_Prefect
1984 CJ7 

I agree that you could always sell anything that you receive from them. I would love to enter, but heck, with several hundred people already signed up to win, I think my chances are pretty slim.

I DO really like that they have a thing so you can actually pay for someone else's membership. That is pretty cool to me.

I agree also that I get so much info from here, I am very grateful for all the folks on here who have shown me so much. I think once I get myself a job I will get a membership, but right now working on a Master's degree which requires me to work about 60 hours per week just on that, obviously, I do not have the time for a job as well. SO my wife is being so wonderful and supporting our family while I finish school. I just can not go and spend her hard earned money on something that she would never use. Besides, I tend to push my luck just getting her to go wheeling with me. No need to make her hate my jeep! hehe
Ford_Prefect is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.