RE 2.5 Bushing Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > RE 2.5 Bushing Question

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
cdt540
1983 CJ7 

RE 2.5 Bushing Question

I just purchased an '83 CJ that has the RE 2.5 lift installed (kit #5530). The leaf spring and shackle bushings are shot and need to be replaced. The back have been done but RE only sells a leaf kit that does front and rear. Has anyone ever replaced their RE spring and shackle bushings with a non-RE product like Energy Suspension or Pothane products. If so do you recall which part#(s)? RE wants $60 for the leaf bushings and I only need half of what I am paying for. The shackle bushings are special order and I haven't priced those yet. I am just looking to see if there is a more cost efficient way to get this done by only purchasing what I need. I appreciate any feedback.

Chris
'83 CJ7 258, 4spd
Austin, TX

cdt540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

I just bought an Energy Suspension full set of front bushings (leaf and hanger) for my 4" BDS lift. Was about $45. I figure a poly bushing is a poly bushing and the last set of energy ones i used in the hangers lasted 15 years.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.