re - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > re

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTIYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 02-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #31
jacques25150
1982 CJ7 

re

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG811 View Post
Now lets see them on the Jeep
You wishes are order: very nice afternon today and 13°;
that was the top weater to working on my car;
so I have put on an inox air scop (i have found 3 handfull of leaf under the grill, view 1)
I have change also my mirrors, and... I have mounted my new fender flares;
to make this, I have straight out the left rear fender , and the result is on the view 2,3 and 4;
that is a good result while the wheels are very good covered

img_0334.jpg   img_0332.jpg   img_0333.jpg   img_0337.jpg  
jacques25150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 03:36 AM   #32
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques25150 View Post
You wishes are order: very nice afternon today and 13°;
that was the top weater to working on my car;
so I have put on an inox air scop (i have found 3 handfull of leaf under the grill, view 1)
I have change also my mirrors, and... I have mounted my new fender flares;
to make this, I have straight out the left rear fender , and the result is on the view 2,3 and 4;
that is a good result while the wheels are very good covered

Nice but the air scoop actually goes on the other way pointing to the windshield.

The air pressure is actually higher at the base of the windshield and flows forward towards the front of the jeep.
Just spray some water on the hood and take it for a ride, you will see what I mean.

John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #33
jacques25150
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
Nice but the air scoop actually goes on the other way pointing to the windshield.

The air pressure is actually higher at the base of the windshield and flows forward towards the front of the jeep.
Just spray some water on the hood and take it for a ride, you will see what I mean.

Yes, it is right, but I have made so while I will put loovered hood panels on the hood at the 2 side of central bump to refresh my turbo d engine, and in this situation, wiil the hot air go into the car: no good
Unread 02-20-2013, 03:19 AM   #34
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

I think you are asking "if you put hood vents into the hood to help cool the under hood temperature. Will this heat go into the Fresh air intake?"

I don't know.

Tape some yarn to the hood and watch which way the air flows.

Like this:

John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #35
jacques25150
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
I think you are asking "if you put hood vents into the hood to help cool the under hood temperature. Will this heat go into the Fresh air intake?"

I don't know.

Tape some yarn to the hood and watch which way the air flows.

Like this:

it is exactly the same as Your second view (I have buy parts by quadratec) and it is probably necessary while a turbo is very very hot;
this heat is added at the heat of cooling system and also the intercooler: to much temperature, and this hot air do not go in the body
Unread 08-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #36
jacques25150
1982 CJ7 

Now, I am a lonely jeep boy, so I have a little bit time to work... and some work on my jeep;
at first, at rear, I have put on an hitch and remake a new rear "glass" in plexi, while this part on the vehicle when I bought it was completely destroy
view 1: before
view 2: after

at second, forward, I have got a problem with the american turn lighte, while they was hidden by the front bumper;
I do not want put on the french Renault turning lights (in France, nobody love this lights), so I have found swiss turning lights, monted on the bumper, and I have got an other problem, while with the turbo, it is very hot under the hood, so I have mounted grills on the hood: views 3 and 4

For the original screww and bolt addict, all of these is reverse possible, while I have all the original parts, engine without turbo also
photo-034.jpg   013.jpg   011.jpg   012.jpg  
Unread 08-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #37
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

Looks good. I like the old school double tube bumpers. They went out of style years ago over on this side of the pond though.
I think retro never gets old on a CJ.

Wonder If scoops on the inner fenders would push heat up and out of the engine compartment? The front fenders are a natural scoop, you would Just need to direct it into the engine Bay.

Sent from my HTC One SV using JeepForum
Unread 08-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #38
BOISERUNNER
1979 CJ7 

I thought that the CJ's in France all had the super ugly front of the fender mounted turn signals. Did your jeep come without them or are those after market fenders?
BOISERUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #39
jacques25150
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOISERUNNER View Post
I thought that the CJ's in France all had the super ugly front of the fender mounted turn signals. Did your jeep come without them or are those after market fenders?
Yes, You have right, but all of owners put these bad turning lights out, and that the same for my car: when I have bought them, it was not turning lights on the fenders
Unread 08-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #40
jacques25150
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizriz View Post
Looks good. I like the old school double tube bumpers. They went out of style years ago over on this side of the pond though.
I think retro never gets old on a CJ.

Wonder If scoops on the inner fenders would push heat up and out of the engine compartment? The front fenders are a natural scoop, you would Just need to direct it into the engine Bay.

Sent from my HTC One SV using JeepForum
I have think so also, but I will made this for my big restauration:
I will restore the fan box and made a scoop in the right fender for the intercooler;
perhaps it will be fine to made a scoop in rear direction to put the hot air due to the turbo out in the right fender:an other idee...
But today, I have seen that it is not so hot in the engine compartment: I had lower heating in the body
LOL!!!
Unread 06-03-2014, 10:45 AM   #41
jacques25150
1982 CJ7 

any news to my car;
I had no problems since a long time but it come: see view 1
front frame member broken!!!!!
So, I have ordered a new part to J&W Wreckers and it is very top, without rust (views 2,3 and 4)
So, I want weld the global with reinforcement plates: what do You think about this? and what do You made in this situation?
Thank You very much
009.jpg   001.jpg  
002.jpg

004.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.