RC front leaf defective? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > RC front leaf defective?

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 01-30-2014, 02:15 PM   #1
DGRobles
1986 CJ7 

RC front leaf defective?

Please your help...

I have a RoughCountry leaf suspension (2.5) but I am having issues. My driver side tire is behind for about 3/4 of an inch and is causing drag on that side that I need to correct with the steering wheel... it don't stay straight and physically you can see that tire a little back or behind compared to the passenger side.

Comparing the distance from the rear mounting base of the leaf to the axle tube my driver side is shorter and the suspension has less than 500o mi on it and basically street...

Do you know what could be the possible reason?... Defective leaf?

Thanks

Unread 01-30-2014, 02:46 PM   #2
LumpyGrits
1985 CJ7 

Ck the springs center bolt.
LG
Unread 01-30-2014, 09:29 PM   #3
DGRobles
1986 CJ7 

Same dimensions on the center bolts... however, driver side leaf has more lift than passenger's one, by one inch and I think that's the problem...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.