radiator questions???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > radiator questions????

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-30-2004, 03:39 PM   #1
goody350s

radiator questions????

well i finally got my 75 cj on the road,i noticed that when i get the engine up to temp.,i get some overflow out of the tube and after
some repeated warm ups i will have to add coolant to the system
i dont think that modal year had an overflow container,i think back then they just let it run out on to the ground
my question is...was it normal to have to add coolant every so often and would an overflow container help
i guess im not sure how they work. i was under the impression
that they have a dip tube in them and that lets the coolant
back into the system and that is why they have a hot and
cold level,is that correct or am i way off?
im sure i could find one that would fit somewhere.
it would sure beat the heck out of having to add coolant
all the time
thanks for any help you guys can give me.
p.s. i also noticed that after i run it awhile and dont add any coolant it wont run out the tube anymore and i checked the level and its to where you cant hardly see a level in the radiator but it doesnt overheat...just thought id add that

Unread 03-30-2004, 08:23 PM   #2
OKJeepin

Might check your cap out, could have a weak spring or bad seal. My '74 doesn't have an overflow container either, came from the factory like that, I mounted and used one from the junk yard, don't remember what it came out of, but it's easy enough to find one that'll fit.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.