Questions About Full Doors on 1981 CJ7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Questions About Full Doors on 1981 CJ7

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! The Ruffstuff 9" Disc Brake brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 01-25-2015, 06:59 PM   #1
sjackks
1981 CJ7 

Questions About Full Doors on 1981 CJ7

This is my first jeep and first time posting on the forum so please excuse any mistakes or improper lingo. I recently purchased a 1981 CJ7 Renegade to restore to some what stock. My family normally works with race cars and hot rods so this is new territory for us.

The jeep has only soft doors. The biggest change I want to make is to add full metal doors because I have a three year old niece that I plan on taking with me in the jeep. My question is this: are there factory doors available for that model of jeep? If not, are there full doors that will fit my jeep. I live in SE Kansas; can anyone give me an idea of a good salvage or parts warehouse within a couple of hundred miles. We have plenty of experience with body work and modification so anything would not necessarily have to be new.

Thank you in advance for patience with a newbie!

sjackks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2015, 07:23 PM   #2
Jcowart62
1979 CJ7 

I live in ne ks and I have a set of fiberglass doors for an aftermarket top you can either pick up or pay for shipping doors are free pm me if interested
Jcowart62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2015, 09:41 PM   #3
CJ65
1986 CJ7 

CJ's in junk yards are pretty rare, at least in So. California. I would watch craigslist. They come up often there. OeM new old stock right now I think in Los angeles.
CJ65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2015, 09:51 PM   #4
81azcj7
1981 CJ7 

I found if you search for your year in the images on the major search engines or look at the major 4x4 supply houses, like morris 4x4, on the web and search your year, you can get a idea of what type of doors, trim and misc that came for that year. I think 1981 was the first year cj7's came with the paddle handles.
81azcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2015, 06:20 AM   #5
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...doors&_sacat=0

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.