question on valve cover - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > question on valve cover

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 09-15-2009, 08:43 AM   #1
myzoo
1983 CJ7 

question on valve cover

hey fellas got another question for you guys, my plastic valve cover on my jeep had a small hole in it, (1983 cj 7 258) so i ordered a aluminum cover for about $90 bucks Dealer wanted $384 for the oem. Is there any problem using the aluminum cover? and if anyone runs one on a 258 what did you torque it down at? i dont wanna crack it ( ask me how i know). thanks in advance guys.

myzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 09:07 AM   #2
bluwtrsurfr

I had one on mine...there will be some holes to drill and tap to get the aluminum one to fit plus the old plastic one has these bolts that come up off the rocker arm guides that either need to be replaced or grinded off.

I think the one I purchased had torque specs with it, I would assume you have to torque it down to some sort of torque so it doesnt leak. I am sure they can be found in the haynes or Chilton manuals.

81 Jeep CJ5 4" lift, 33" Mickey Thompson Baja Claw tires.
bluwtrsurfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 09:15 AM   #3
myzoo
1983 CJ7 

thanks for the reply, i have the haynes manual, but i dont know if the plastic torque specs would be the same/work on the aluminum.
myzoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.