Question about a narrowed J10 axle that I am about to buy - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Question about a narrowed J10 axle that I am about to buy

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 11-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
SatinCJ7
1986 CJ7 

Question about a narrowed J10 axle that I am about to buy

Hello guys

So I am going to swapping out my Dana 30 for a narrowed J10 Dana 44 that has 27 spline outter shafts, getting a pretty good deal on it so I am stoked. I know it is common for people to opt to use the 27 outter stub shafts, outter knuckles, spindles, hubs, rotors, ect ect to get the desired 5on 5.5 bolt pattern. So if this axle has the 27 spline outter stub shafts it is safe to assume that this J10 D44 has the Dana 30 stuff on it? Another Question, if I buy this axle I would like to go back to the larger Dana 44 outter shafts, so what parts would I need to dig for at a junk yard in order to use outter dana 44 parts, and have disk brakes and a 5x5.5 bolt pattern. I have read a lot of stuff about putting Dana 30 stuff of a Dana 44, BUT I am having trouble finding how to go back to using the Dana 44 outter parts. Thanks in advance folks. Also if you have any other insight as to why maybe keeping the Dana 30 stuff on is good, just let me know why.

SatinCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
CSP

You'd probably need everything from the spindle out to use the larger, 19 spline D44 parts.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
SatinCJ7
1986 CJ7 

I have been reading so much info on this swap it is almost getting to be too much So it looks like Dodge 1/2 tone parts will work and so will ford.......Hahahahaha, It also looks like some Chevy stuff will work.......AAAAAANNND it looks like a combination of Dodge Ford and Chevy stuff will work together as well. Man, I wish there was just a easier way to figure it all out. Is the Dana 30 27 spline stub shaft and other parts that much weaker? Might be easier to just leave it as is.
Unread 11-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #4
SatinCJ7
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSP View Post
You'd probably need everything from the spindle out to use the larger, 19 spline D44 parts.
BTW, thanks for the reply CSP

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.