Quadratrac Skid Plate Mounting - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Quadratrac Skid Plate Mounting

Bilstein Blowout Sale - 4 5100 Series Shocks $309.99 shippSALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 05-30-2011, 09:05 AM   #1
MightyLampshade

1979 CJ7 

Quadratrac Skid Plate Mounting

As the profile states I'm rebuilding a 1979 CJ7 with the TH400 and the Quadratrac TC. We're using an approx 1982 frame to build off of as my original one was shot but we're keeping the drivetrain. I don't know what transmission was original to the new frame but I have the skid plate off of it if pictures would help identify. I'm not sure if that matters or not but the problem I'm running into is that the new frame doesn't appear to have holes that line up with the skid plate mounting holes from the original frame/for the Quadratrac TC and Skid plate. We have whats left of the old frame and it looks like there are 5 holes on either side and the middle three were in use. The new frame has 4 holes per side and none of the measurements match up with those from the original. From the front of the old frame to the holes that were used we get approx 67.5" 73.5" and 78.5". Could anyone with a Quadratrac try to verify those measurments for me? And does anyone have any suggestions on how we should get this skid plate mounted to the new frame short of welding it up there?

1979 Golden Eagle Rebuild
MightyLampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
MightyLampshade

1979 CJ7 

Update - it would actually appear that the original used the rear most 3 holes. Measuring approx 73.5" 78.5" and 84.5" from the front of the frame. Thanks all.
Unread 05-31-2011, 01:10 PM   #3
MightyLampshade

1979 CJ7 

Well no responses obviously so we went ahead and attached the skid plate to the transmission, then lined things up as best as we could using the above measurments, drilled some holes, fished bolts through the frame and dropped them through and secured with a washer and a nut. Tightened everything up and it seems pretty sturdy but it was a bit of a roadblock we weren't expecting. Just something to keep in mind for anyone who might be trying to swap an older drivetrain into a newer frame.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.