QuadraTrac Selector Switch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > QuadraTrac Selector Switch

Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops and

Unread 05-15-2010, 08:44 AM   #1
jmidjettesr
1979 CJ7 

QuadraTrac Selector Switch

Hello All, I am in need of the QuadraTrac Selector Switch ( The vacuum switch located in the glove box) for my '79 CJ7. I can't find one anywhere. Or does anyone know if my existing switch can be rebuilt? The problem with it is it turns past where it is supposed to stop in either direction. Thanks for any help

jmidjettesr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
justjeeps

JEEP CJ CJ7 76-79 QUADRATRAC DASH MOUNTED VACCUM SWITCH: eBay Motors (item 310219596304 end time May-18-10 17:38:30 PDT)

This ends tomorrow, but you could also try www.jwjeep.com or www.collinsbrosjeep.com as they sell used parts. I have one if I can remember what box it is in. I'd give the others a try.
justjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2010, 02:07 PM   #3
bigredisb
1979 CJ7 

I have seen guys use a solenoid operated valve used on hydraulic equipment to switch the vacuum signals before as well. Then they have a switch on the dash instead of reaching way over to the glove box.

2013 Rubicon Unlimited build thread:[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/bigredisbs-jkur-build-1456541/#post14700472[/url]
bigredisb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
jmidjettesr
1979 CJ7 

Thanks for the reply. I have a bid one the one @ ebay and also contacted collins bros and they haven't gotten back to me yet, don't think I've tried jwjeep yet though. If all else fails I might have to get back to you about huntin' that box down. Man that switch is hard to find, must be the few years and single application factor.

I would mainly need to use Emergency mode in the "West Virginia Snow Storms" and would sure be nice if it was working.

I want to try to keep the CJ original mechanically as possible as it is apparently an old Postal Jeep (So I have been told, even though the steering is on the left) because of the stock 10 gallon gas tank?

I keep ya'll posted on what happens....
Unread 05-17-2010, 08:00 PM   #5
PavementPounder
Cool as Ice...

Post a thread in JeepForum's Wanted Forum. There are many owners here with parts on the shelf.

<--- Click "Classifieds" under my avatar to see all my parts (mostly CJ & XJ) currently for sale on JeepForum!
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2010, 09:00 AM   #6
jmidjettesr
1979 CJ7 

UPDATE! I won the selector switch from EBAY! $1.04 + Shipping! Now I have another problem, I need to know the Fluid type and capacity for my Quadra-Trac TC. I have allmost a case of the ATF5 for the transmission, does the transfer take the same? Thanks
Unread 05-22-2010, 09:27 AM   #7
PavementPounder
Cool as Ice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmidjettesr View Post
UPDATE! I won the selector switch from EBAY! $1.04 + Shipping! Now I have another problem, I need to know the Fluid type and capacity for my Quadra-Trac TC. I have allmost a case of the ATF5 for the transmission, does the transfer take the same? Thanks
No, it doesn't.

Do a search in CJ Tech for "Quadratrac".

<--- Click "Classifieds" under my avatar to see all my parts (mostly CJ & XJ) currently for sale on JeepForum!
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2010, 12:56 PM   #8
bigredisb
1979 CJ7 

It takes a special friction modifier to prevent the clutch from seizing up.

"Use the right fluid! Your local Jeep dealer can still get QT fluid for about $17-18 a quart or buy the cheaper solution TCL-1 by Crown Automotive from a Crown dealer (BJs Offroad). It is also possible to mix your own by using a quality limited slip differential fluid with 30W non-detergent motor oil. I prefer the real thing when I can get it cheaper."

Jeep QuadraTrac

2013 Rubicon Unlimited build thread:[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/bigredisbs-jkur-build-1456541/#post14700472[/url]
bigredisb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
quadratrac , quadratrac switch , vacuum switch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.