quadratrac fluid magic formula - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > quadratrac fluid magic formula

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 11-14-2002, 01:51 PM   #1
obx yj

quadratrac fluid magic formula

OK, MAYBE IT'S NO SECRET, BUT I KEEP READING PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT WHAT THEY PAY FOR Q/T FLUID.
*******************TOP SECRET***********************

NON-DETERGENT SAE 30W, MIXED 1 QUART TO 7 OUNCES
OF GM LIMITED SLIP ADDITIVE.

******MAY GARNISH WITH WHIPPED CREAM & NUTMEG********

IF ANY OF YOU KNOW WHY NOT TO RUN THIS,SHHHHHHH!
MY 79 CHEROKEE CHIEF IS IN LOVE WITH IT

obx yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2002, 03:57 PM   #2
Brock

Does this really work?
Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2002, 05:18 PM   #3
obx yj

Brock,

This last winter I got stuck in a hole in an estuary behind the beach. I had water in the front and rear D44, and QT. none in my 360 or the tranny. So, I was at a point of impass. You see I live on an Island in the middle of no-where. To hell with the price, I couldn't find it without a long drive, kinda ironic. Long story short, I had a salty surf fisherman explain to me the inner workings of the QT, and the secret of the fluid. You see, the QT is a limited slip rear end, by all practical purpose. I followed his "formula" out of desperation. I have run this now for a year. In fact, I made up a new batch and changed my fluid in fear that I had not gotten all the water the first time. I was wrong, but, I have had no problems, quite the opposite. And, I am one of those people who does use this stuff hard. I notice a little tugging in the front end at full steering like in a parking lot, but, none of the QT pop I have heard of. And, really, it may be the fact that since I live at the beach I never really get over 20 pounds in a tire. Long story short. Hell Yeah it works.
Unread 11-16-2002, 04:39 PM   #4
rustyCJ

ok, i want one of you technical people to explain to me why this is a cheap alternative or a t/c killer.

and btw, what does a quart of QT lube cost, round $7 right? the guy i got my jeep from was one of those "the vehicle doesnt move if it will put the OD over 3,000 since the last oil change" so, i got 3 quarts shy of a case from him when i bought it.
Unread 11-16-2002, 06:19 PM   #5
obx yj

I asked around at the www.ifsj.org site. Which, by the way is a
bunch of guys who will not flame stupid questions, and have a varied and vast knowledge base. No, I am not in sales, just I have asked very technical, very specific questions there in the past when re-building my Cherokee Chief. Here I hope to find the same been there, done that experiences as I begin the SOA on my little YJ.

As the story regarding the "home made" QT fluid goes, turns out that is exactly what Jeep put out in tech pubs prior to mixing and marketing QT fluid.

I guess you can either buy Jack Daniels hard soda for 6.00 a four pack.......or mix whiskey and coca cola.

Either way, why are we here on the computer rather than breaking something in the woods?
Unread 11-18-2002, 09:36 AM   #6
Brock

I am going to have to try this. The Quadratrac fluid at Leon Rosser is $15 a quart and you need 3 quarts for every change.
I am like you, I would rather mix my own whiskey drink.
Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2002, 02:30 PM   #7
rustyCJ

I was looking something up in the Haynes today and noticed that for recommended lubricants and fluids, the QT lists:

Jeep QT lubricant or SAE 30W non-detergent motor oil

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.